By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii is supposed to be a gaming revolution? Oh dear..

Outcast said:

As a PS3 only owner, I've wanted to buy myself a Wii for about a year and finally decided to buy one this christmas. I wasn't going to do this by halves so I bought some of the highest rated games on the system and settled down to what I'd hoped was going to be a few weeks of amazing gaming:

Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Zack and Wiki, Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Kart Wii.

Quite frankly, I've never been more disappointed by a games console purchase in my life. I'll give a quick run through of the games I've played:

Super Mario Galaxy: OK, this is definitely a good game and by far the best out of the games I've purchased. It certainly isn't game of the forever/decade as a lot of people seem to claim, however. I certainly did enjoy it though, I'd rate it about a 9/10.

Mario Kart Wii: Quite fun for a while. Identical to the DS version in pretty much every way and the online mode is very basic. There doesn't seem to be any longetivity in the single player mode either. Oh, and the character voices are the most annoying thing I've ever heard; 7/10

Super Smash Bros Brawl: Hugely disappointed with this. I've tried playing online a few times and it literally takes about 15 minutes to find a partner. I don't know if it's to do with my level or whatever but that is ridiculous. The fact that theres only about 10 different moves/combos per character is pretty ridiculous too. I prefer my fighting games to have huge move lists and combos to master; 5/10

Zelda: TP: This is alright. I'm going to guess you have to play the previous games in the series to think it's amazing and as this is my first Nintendo console, I haven't. I've played a lot of superior games in the genre, frankly; 6/10

Zack and Wiki: Not my type of game at all. Boring point and click puzzler with a very childish presentation; 3/10

Metroid Prime 3: FPS games are probably my favourite genre and this game did nothing for me. I'd put it on the level of games like Timeshift; 4/10

These games are supposedly the best the Wii has to offer and I only truly agree with Super Mario Galaxy. When I look at the list of games on the Wii, very little else currently appeals to me. I hated animal crossing on the DS, Wii music just looks awful, Wii Fit I know I'll get bored of after 10 minutes.. what else is there?

I'd advise any other HD console only owners to seriously consider your purchasing plans if you want to buy a Wii like I did. I think we've been spoilt. The graphics in general are quite a lot worse than I'd expected on my HDTV and the downloadable games are extortionately priced, you even have to pay to get an internet browser on your Wii it seems.

This is why I find it hilarious that Wii owners claim we should be jealous of your pointer and motion control. Trust me, you shouldn't be jealous at all, we have it a lot better. I can appreciate the fact that it's certainly bringing a lot more money into the industry and a lot more gamers will bring gaming further into the mainstream. As a games machine, its games are failling far short of my mark.

I going to report this as a troll thread.

A) Posted in Nintendo section to piss Nintendo fans off.

B) All you did was bash games. Then you told people not to buy a Wii. No actual constructive remars. Just a Wii Hate thread.

Around the Network

If the thread gets locked people will then say the mods are a bunch of Wii fanboys that can't stand negativity.

I love this thread, so much bitter, bitter tears of the Wii haters, so sweet and delicious it is

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

@papi64
thank god you said it.

Haha I bet he didn't like Zack and Wiki because it was too hard. No reason to be embarrassed Outcast, we all thought it was hard. Probably one of the most difficult games this generation.

Aside from that these topics are always fun. They try to mask their opinions as something justifiable but they have no justification. It's just another self-interested topic to further their own bias as a truth claim. It's disturbing.

State your opinion all you want but have some god damn modesty people. Not to mention, we really don't need separate topics for YOUR opinions on all the games. Don't think so much of yourselves. Tell us about your Wii experience and what ya did and didn't like but don't make it a campaign.

Around the Network

^Yup, I don't care about what scores he gave the games. But recommending people not to get it is too far.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Fail thread fails.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

The only thing I would like to know is how many hours did you put into each game?

Reason I ask is because there is ALOT of games these days that start of shit boring.

Examples on PS3 that I've played, GTAIV, MGS4, Far Cry 2.

I thought these games were seriously shit when I started playing. However they take some time into them to get into the awesome bits.

OP "Wii Fit I know I'll get bored of after 10 minutes"

actually I had the same opinion about it before playing it, I actually found the game so stupid and funny that it is actually addictive to play.

I still would have this opinion if someone else didn't buy the game for me, as I was NEVER even considering the purchase, as I judged the game by it's cover.

kylohk said:
^Yup, I don't care about what scores he gave the games. But recommending people not to get it is too far.

Well he can recommend people based off that not to get it, but its a weak, primitive campaign. I mean the best thing about most of the haters for any consoles, is that their analysis is weak and primitive. I mean they are all poorly written, no analytical aspects, and purely based off predetermined biases that are very easy to point out.

A smart and justifed person would have come in and stated reasons for not liking games and recognized if their are aspects in the game that's bad or problems within themselves that don't allow them to like it. Like I said about Metroid Prime series, I really don't like it but its not because the game is bad but because I just can't get into it. Yet I don't feel the necessity to spread hate about the game non stop for my own self-interested reasons. But then there is games like Balls of Fury on the Wii where its not anyone's fault for not liking the game but the game itself.

I just don't understand why people need to make it a necessity to impose their selfish opinions upon others. I mean there is no console this generation that is bad. They all have their strengths. Problems with all 3 consoles are going to come within you and its up to a just person to recognize that and point it out. Wii, PS3, and 360 are all great consoles and you can find reasons not to like them. I don't like Wii because I prefer dual analog/keyboar and mouse over motion sensing. I don't like 360 because its selection of games isn't varied enough. I don't like PS3 because there isn't enough exclusives for my tastes to warrant a purchase.

All of these are great reasons to not like a console, but every last one of them are issues within the person not the console. Meaning you should always end with, "Despite my problems with the console I do recognize how others can like it and I hope they enjoy their purchase but it just isn't for me." This is how you write an anti-any console thread and that's how you gain respect for doing it. It's really easy but people make it a goal to continuously put themselves in front of everyone else.

Given that you are dissatisfied, and the systems are still selling for a huge premium, I suggest formatting the system memory and selling that sumbitch on eBay.

You'll make a pretty tidy profit off of it.