By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii is supposed to be a gaming revolution? Oh dear..

GLoRySoGLoRy said:
@papi64
thank god you said it.

I was being sarcastic. I was making fun of the fact that people claim the reason people are criticizing this poster is because we are Wii fanboys that can't stand negativity, even if it does have some issues. If the mods find enough merit to lock the thread and warn the poster everyone else is going to bitch about the mods being Wii fanboys, even if they have a good reason for the thread lock.

Around the Network
Zucas said:
kylohk said:
^Yup, I don't care about what scores he gave the games. But recommending people not to get it is too far.

Well he can recommend people based off that not to get it, but its a weak, primitive campaign. I mean the best thing about most of the haters for any consoles, is that their analysis is weak and primitive. I mean they are all poorly written, no analytical aspects, and purely based off predetermined biases that are very easy to point out.

A smart and justifed person would have come in and stated reasons for not liking games and recognized if their are aspects in the game that's bad or problems within themselves that don't allow them to like it. Like I said about Metroid Prime series, I really don't like it but its not because the game is bad but because I just can't get into it. Yet I don't feel the necessity to spread hate about the game non stop for my own self-interested reasons. But then there is games like Balls of Fury on the Wii where its not anyone's fault for not liking the game but the game itself.

I just don't understand why people need to make it a necessity to impose their selfish opinions upon others. I mean there is no console this generation that is bad. They all have their strengths. Problems with all 3 consoles are going to come within you and its up to a just person to recognize that and point it out. Wii, PS3, and 360 are all great consoles and you can find reasons not to like them. I don't like Wii because I prefer dual analog/keyboar and mouse over motion sensing. I don't like 360 because its selection of games isn't varied enough. I don't like PS3 because there isn't enough exclusives for my tastes to warrant a purchase.

All of these are great reasons to not like a console, but every last one of them are issues within the person not the console. Meaning you should always end with, "Despite my problems with the console I do recognize how others can like it and I hope they enjoy their purchase but it just isn't for me." This is how you write an anti-any console thread and that's how you gain respect for doing it. It's really easy but people make it a goal to continuously put themselves in front of everyone else.

It doesn't make you any more intelligent to fill your posts with niceties so as not to 'offend' anyone. Make no mistake, I like the Wii console as an idea or I wouldn't have bought it. I still do, actually. The fact is I only enjoy one game out of the big-hitters. I have a pretty typical taste of HD console owners, I enjoy all of the highly rated games on PS3 for example, so why would my opinion not apply to other HD-only owners? That was the point of this thread.

My opinion is no less valid than anyone elses because that's all it is. It's never a fact that a game is good and never a fact that everyone's going to enjoy it or have the same tastes as you. I would've thought it was obvious that the OP is my opinion without having to write it after every sentence and keep babying you along, telling you it's ok to like the games if you want to. That's far from being intelligent.

I stopped reading after "its games are failing far short of my mark".

I have my doubts whether the OP did play the games, but if he did;
The "revolutionary" games can't really be found from the games listed in the OP, they are more of the games like Wii Sports and Wii Fit.

I see the biggest problem for the starter being that he expected the games to be some other games than what they are in reality.
SMG did take a step back into what made Mario games great in the first place.
MKWii doesn't really have anything in common with MKDS, outside the IP. It also has multiple times the depht in its gameplay, that MKDS had.
MP3 is really an adventure game, more like Zelda in first person view, although the third installment in the series was made a lot more linear than what the other two were with a little more action. But expecting an FPS, is where the expectations goes the wrong way.
Twilight Princess had the same issue with MP3, for being the most linear game in the series. It's not an RPG and the "RPG elements" that you compared it to, are actually the adventure elements in RPG:s. Not the opposite.
Smash Bros is a lot different from other fighting games. If you want to play Tekken, Brawl isn't the game for you. Outside Subspace Emissary, Brawl doesn't have the same enjoyment in single player that Melee had, but as a multiplayer game, it has very sophisticated mechanics behind it. Maybe the characters movement sets aren't huge, but the depht is found in what you're able to do in the game overall.
As for Zack&Wiki, i haven't played the game, so i can't comment on it.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

everyone here saying were hating on anyone who doesn't like the wii is wrong. we aren't hating on him because he is stating that he didn't like the games, were hating on the way he said it, which was in a retarded fashion that was basically calling for trouble.

come on, the title of his thread gave it away. i didn't even have to read anything else to know that he was just gonna use his opinions as facts.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

everyone here saying were hating on anyone who doesn't like the wii is wrong. we aren't hating on him because he is stating that he didn't like the games, were hating on the way he said it, which was in a retarded fashion that was basically calling for trouble.

come on, the title of his thread gave it away. i didn't even have to read anything else to know that he was just gonna use his opinions as facts.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

Around the Network
Outcast said:

It doesn't make you any more intelligent to fill your posts with niceties so as not to 'offend' anyone. Make no mistake, I like the Wii console as an idea or I wouldn't have bought it. I still do, actually. The fact is I only enjoy one game out of the big-hitters. I have a pretty typical taste of HD console owners, I enjoy all of the highly rated games on PS3 for example, so why would my opinion not apply to other HD-only owners? That was the point of this thread.

My opinion is no less valid than anyone elses because that's all it is. It's never a fact that a game is good and never a fact that everyone's going to enjoy it or have the same tastes as you. I would've thought it was obvious that the OP is my opinion without having to write it after every sentence and keep babying you along, telling you it's ok to like the games if you want to. That's far from being intelligent.

Seriously just sell it you will make a killing.

Naum said:
frybread said:
Breaking news:

PS3 fanboy doesn't like Wii. Alert the press!

and his PS3 buddies comes to his rescue beacue we disagree.

Wonder if anyone could do a similar topic about PS3 games, if there is any game that is overrated most of them are on PS3.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't his most ardent defender early on a Wii-only owner this gen?

... I can't believe how silly this all sounds anyway. Are you really that petty?

@ OP: Listen to Khuutra. You would make a killing, I sold my Wii back in October and made $100 profit. I'd imagine you'd get about the same or more.

Outcast said:

My opinion is no less valid than anyone elses because that's all it is. It's never a fact that a game is good and never a fact that everyone's going to enjoy it or have the same tastes as you. I would've thought it was obvious that the OP is my opinion without having to write it after every sentence and keep babying you along, telling you its ok to like the games if you want to. That's far from being intelligent.

You act as if I offended you.  Wow that's funny considering you didn't care about anyone that you offended when you wrote this article now did you.  How interesting

And yea I dress things up to make them sound good.  It's call class.  I personally would like to think when I write something that its not slop thrown on the page that people have to jumble around to figure out the puzzle.  You should try it every now and then.  I like to make well-educated, analytical editorials and essays that present a point and end with a conclusion that I see fit and justifiable.  They may not always be that, but it's a lot more respectable than the other things I could do.  Now if your anti-intellectual, that's your problem, not mine, but plz don't bicker to me about it.

And yes opinions are less valid than others.  People have issues comprehending that.  People actually think they can say anything and it will be respected as much as something else.  People really think that someone who says "MGS4 sucks" is as respectable as "MGS4 just didn't click with me but I see why others like it".  I mean you have to be joking if you really think that's the case.  And you wonder why I dress my opinions and writings up.  I'm not just doing it so I sound smarter than you but I also do it such that when I make a statement people look at it and say hmm he gives a valid argument and despite disagreeing I can respect it.  Freedom of speech may not be limited to anything, but I'd love to think that some people still have concern for what's right.

But your right, when it comes to opinions there is no right and there is no wrong.  But there is validity and respectability.  That's so easy to prove.  It's why people trust professional reviews a little more than your everyday forum goer. 

But just remember if you have the right to your opinion, then I sure as hell have the right to my opinion about your opinion.  Don't forget that.  Now I suggest next time you have something  like this to right, you dress it up like I do such that next time people read this they'll say, "Hmm he's got a good point despite my disagreement and I can respect that." 

But as I said, you are right in being able to state your opinions.  But would it kill ya to have a little more modesty next time.  No, it actually wouldn't so try it next time.

Lol, ok this thread is funny stuff.

@Outkast

No you do not speak for anyone but yourself, your not important enough to speak for anyone but yourself. Zucas just used rough terms that can and did hurt your feelings... which in turn evem if Zucas realized it or not, your response proves his point.

Feelings are good, but not having control of your feelings or even worse; your feelings having control of you is just pathetic. Again you don't speak for anyone but yourself. Of course I can't teach you any of this, you never asked to learn anything from me anyway... your best bet is to drop the games and live a little, go back to or go to college, focus in mathematics a bit; that really helps with logical thought. Then take the time to ask yourself, "why do you feel the way you do?" Be honest with yourself on that. ^_^

At this point your not thinking because you are, your feeling so you can think because you want to be. At least that's what I understand after I laser in on your choice of words.

Also again, congrats on playing video games.

My point is Zucas wasn't attacking you ^_^.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

I’m sorry but… what?

As a gamer I’m surprised rather than a Wii owner. I own both PS3 and Wii – along with all the titles you moaned about. Seriously? You can’t have invested enough time into them, either than or you’re bent on trying to dislike most of those titles. Zelda? 6/10? OK then. Smash Bros 5/10… yeah sure. It’s just a joke to suggest such stuff really.

I wouldn’t say Wii has been revolutionary in terms of my gaming habits, but I’ve had more fun with the system compared to PS3 so far. That’s not to say the PS3 hasn’t had some very enjoyable titles – it has, but none of them rank above Zelda TP, Mario Galaxy or Smash Bros Brawl in my mind. Both great consoles and I have no argument against someone preferred PS3 to Wii, but to suggest any of those titles aren’t up to scratch is ridiculous.