By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii is supposed to be a gaming revolution? Oh dear..

All I can say is that I'm glad I'm not like you.
I'm glad I can enjoy my Wii, DS and 360. Nice graphics are a nice plus, but I take a Zelda game over any other, even if it went back to a SNES design. A great game is a great game. I actually play DS most of all 3.

I can't argue with your opinion, but if you can't enjoy Zelda or Metroid I'm seriously doubting your taste. These would be outstanding titles on any platform.

I always feel sad for people that care about graphics so much, it seriously hurts the amount of great games you can play. Cause I automatically take it you can't enjoy PS2 games anymore, let alone the DS or PS1. That's really sad, especially considering the libraries of those...

Around the Network

Now whilst several of the those games did disappoint me personally they most definitely are great games. But none of those games are the games that actually started the wii revolution. The wii line of games are the games that can be attributed to that.

isnt the Original poster the alt account of the user "shameless"

another troll

If you're going to make up crap about games you've never played before simply to bash them, at least look up what genre they're classified under first. MP a FPS? Zelda an RPG? Z&W, a point and click game, sucks because it's a point and click game? Fail.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Around the Network

Now some additional thoughts about the general context of the thread.

The poster has every right to express his opinion. However, no one should think that their gaming tastes are going to be universally-shared.

Also, and more to the point of the complaints herein, the title and tone of the OP is what got many people "up in arms." If you do not think something is for you -- and you try it and it is not for you -- do you need to tell everyone about it?

Finally, there is no accounting for taste. There are some highly-rated games that I don't like (i.e., SSX on Wii) while there are some poorly-rated games that I find very enjoyable (Game Party (1) on Wii.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Having clearly stated that FPS games are his favorite genre and that he prefers fighters with huge move lists and combos to master, the OP still has to explain why the hell he bought MP3 and Brawl. If we've learned anything from his purchase of Zack and Wiki, we know that he doesn't do any research and seems to buy games at random. He must suffer from buyer's remorse after the majority of his purchases.

Also, I guess he couldn't pass the 50cc circuits in MK Wii if he never saw a single MOTORCYCLE to know that it was really different from MK DS. Maybe he didn't notice snaking was gone, or the new items, or the 12 player online (a huge improvement over the 4 player online of MK DS, but of course he didn't notice that either, so I doubt he played online). I do believe the OP though. I don't think he's lying. I think he just got pwned in all these games in the first few minutes, and gave up and started whining on the internet. It's a common symptom of buyer's remorse.

well everyone is fine for their own opinion, but seeing as you said you got this christmas the reviews are a bit premature.

Smash is a bit of a people can hate it or love it. If you suck or your friends awesome at it and your a noob it can blow for you. If you don't have friends to play with in person (not online) it can blow.

I would want to hear WHERE or HOW FAR you are in Zelda and Metroid. Being a FPS fan you may not like the way that metroid is. quick 10-15 minute levels and you pass. But looking at your list and games you thought Zelda was like. I don't see how you could not get into Zelda. Did you get stuck in the beginning and not able to get the basket.

numonex said:
Look at this another Sony troll. So you made a thread solely to bash the Wii in the Nintendo thread?
BTW: You did not give the games a fair go. MK Wii and SSBB are two of the best games this generation online, multi-player with friends. The art design of the best Nintendo games are of the best of this generation.

Okay he bought a wii and he's just saying how he doesn't like it. thats not trolling.

Trolling would be a guy whose never played wii saying it sucks, etc, etc

coolestguyever said:
numonex said:
Look at this another Sony troll. So you made a thread solely to bash the Wii in the Nintendo thread?
BTW: You did not give the games a fair go. MK Wii and SSBB are two of the best games this generation online, multi-player with friends. The art design of the best Nintendo games are of the best of this generation.

Okay he bought a wii and he's just saying how he doesn't like it. thats not trolling.

Trolling would be a guy whose never played wii saying it sucks, etc, etc

yea and we are saying he didn't play more than a couple hours on each game.  I mean look at the games he was comparing zelda too.  If he really did play it for even half the game he would know it is nothing like diablo 2 and other games stated.

and getting all those game and wii sports for christmas i find it hard to believe he played them all a good enough time to review them or even give an opinion beyond first impressions (1st couple hours).  Just too short of time.