By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will the PS3 EVER reach 40 million?

karimkassis4life5000 said:
100% sure it will surpass and that it will get around 80 million lifetime.

10-year plan?

Formação do indíviduo, transformação da sociedade.

Around the Network

Yes, it'll hit 40m by late 2010, hopefully.

If the implication here is that the PS3 will struggle to sell a measly 40m consoles this gen, then I think we've driven that point home, plenty of times.

I expect the console to approach 60, actually, but it'll largely depend on when MS releases its next console, and what the price point for said console will be, along with how well forward compatibility will be pushed.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

We can expect sales to go up once the PS3 drops in price, right? So I think 60 million is a minimum here...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

short answer yes. long answer 100% YES

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

DanielD

it's true completely forgot about the 10 year plan.

Around the Network

People honestly think it won't reach 40 million? Honestly? I see it's lifetime sales surpassing 80 million easily, bearing in mind a lot of those sales will come from after the next generation has already begun.

OF COURSE

Sephiroth357: You 09 PS3 sales are just plain bad. Its going to reach those numbers before june and yes Ps3 will reach 40m if not something crazy happens like Sony discounts the ps3 and I dont think that will happen.

lol FF13 will sell 3 million ps3's in japan alone!

Yes... x]

PSN: papasmurf5721 Add Me...