By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will the PS3 EVER reach 40 million?

Of course it will hit 40 million. Its selling well, and its only going to get cheaper

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

40m in its life time? yes

80m in its life time? not so sure

IMO 360 probably won't hit 80m in its life time, they're both selling at the same pace (around 9mil a year)

Remember PS3 is on year 2 and 360 is exactly a year older.

Of course. wait, the thread starter thinks 3 million ps3 sales in 09????
I dont think it will reach 80million though.

@ the OP
your ps3 prediction end of 09 is unrealistic. 22m ? are you trying to say that it'll sell less than 4 million this year ?

MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
@ the OP
your ps3 prediction end of 09 is unrealistic. 22m ? are you trying to say that it'll sell less than 4 million this year ?

By the time we get the end of 08 numbers, the PS3 should be at 19.5 million to end 08 with so really he thinks the PS3 will sell 2.5 million in ALL of 2009 lol

Around the Network

I doubt it

Its going to do 40 million easily. However what is important is for Sony to increase profitability in the short run so that it is able to continue its gaming division. I believe the PS3 sales will pick up a lot as soon as its price drops. It might actually be able to beat or equal the 360 sales in its lifetime but only if MS comes up with a next gen console earlier then Sony does.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Im thinking yes.

i give it 1.5-2 years, after a price cut it should move more, units until that price point is saturated

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Of course. It will reach 40 million this year.

If you aren't playing B3YOND, you're playing behind

Playstation 3: It Only Does Everything