By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will the PS3 EVER reach 40 million?

Yes. 30 months at the latest.

Around the Network

Yes! It will. I am tired of these threads that say will the p3 ever do this. You guys have to understand that were in 2009 now. Any thing can happen this year.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

40 million yeah... 50 million not so sure.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Obviously it will, now 80 million I'm not sure it'll be really close, depends on when the Nex Gen will start. Should hit 40 million around early 2010 when GT5 and FFXIII(for America) will likely come out.

Gilgamesh said:

Obviously it will, now 80 million I'm not sure it'll be really close, depends on when the Nex Gen will start. Should hit 40 million around early 2010 when GT5 and FFXIII(for America) will likely come out.

40 million in early 2010 is not gonna happen. Late 2010 or 2011 yeah...

Around the Network

yes,before 31st December 2009

I'd really like to hear the explanations of those who are claiming that PS3 isn't going to reach 40M ever... I mean, that would basically mean that the sales would have to slow down a lot and completely die in a few years. At this rate it's going to take about two more years to reach 40M.

I say 60M guaranteed because at this rate it'll take six years. Also, I doubt it's going to stay this low and it's probably not going to get slower either. Sony won't have to keep the price high forever. Actually 80M, which someone already mentioned on the first page, could be pretty realistic in a not-good-not-bad case. Actually as low as 50M would take a catastrophy. Yeah, 70M-80M might be pretty realistic if nothing too bad happens. If things go well, Sony might actually end up with 100+M but currently I wouldn't be so sure about that happening.

Actually 80M, which someone already mentioned on the first page, could be pretty realistic in a not-good-not-bad case.

I'd like to know why 80M is not good... Come on, the PS2 is at what now? 120-130 million more or less? Even considering PS2 didn't stop selling yet, how is 60-70% of PS2 sales not good? In fact I'd say it's too good to be true for a platform which is much less successful than the PS2.

Yea, it will reach 40 million.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

PS3 will reach there between 2009 - 2010

I am going to get one for myself this year.