By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii 2, Playstation 4 and XBox 720 Release Dates?

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
This is some high quality BS.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Hegarol2 said:
Malstrom said:
Due to Microsoft and Sony correcting the losses of their Next Gen machines, and Nintendo having no incentive to release a new console when their current one is still a massive hit, the Wii will become the longest selling video game console ever. Longer than the NES. Longer than the Atari 2600. Count on it..

This.  http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2008/12/30/ps3-a-high-definition-psp

You've gotta love that Malstrom can't even make a blog post about the PS3 being an HD PSP without talking about Nintendo platforms 97% of the time. Seriously, what did the title to that have anything to do with the article?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
Hegarol2 said:
Malstrom said:
Due to Microsoft and Sony correcting the losses of their Next Gen machines, and Nintendo having no incentive to release a new console when their current one is still a massive hit, the Wii will become the longest selling video game console ever. Longer than the NES. Longer than the Atari 2600. Count on it..

This.  http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2008/12/30/ps3-a-high-definition-psp

You've gotta love that Malstrom can't even make a blog post about the PS3 being an HD PSP without talking about Nintendo platforms 97% of the time. Seriously, what did the title to that have anything to do with the article?

Headline: PS3 is really an HD PSP (We really just wanted all PS3 Fanboys to read what we had to say about the Wii.).

Story: PS3 is really HD PSP oh and take a look at Wallstreet having fun with PS3.  (Actually, this was nothing more than Bait for all you PS3 Fanboys, now let's turn to the REAL Succesor of this generation.  Nintendo Wii!  PS3 Fanboys, sit back and let us describe what your PS3 should have done).

Article Point >.>

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

wii2 around 2011 and next xbox around 2011 and ps4 in 2012.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Now @OP

No way the "Wii 2" will release that soon.

NewXbox and PS4 around 2012 most-likely.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

Around the Network

With the current economy consumers will want to make their console last longer and the same is true for developers due to higher development costs.
So it's very likely that this gen will last longer than the last gen....

And honestly personally I am not looking forward to upgrading again.
I was very eager to go from the PS2 to the PS3 but I don't see any technological advance I would want on my console aside maybe from more RAM.......( I can't say I feel like PC games are getting so far ahead of console gaming, especially partially due to the fact that high budget PC only titles are slowly becoming rarer and rarer..)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

amp316 said:
Wrong.

Wii 2 won't be out until 2035 since the Wii will still be selling up until then.

XBox 720 will come out next week since it will want to get the jump on the competition.

There will not be a PS4.

Atari Jaguar 2: Electric Boogaloo has been kept quiet up until now but an undisclosed source has let me lay eyes on it. Let me tell you, Nintendo and Microsoft might as well quit right now. Boogaloo is set to take over the world.

That is also when the Wii's internal calender ends. December 31, 2035. You can check it if you want. I'm not lying.

OT: Can you spell bullshit?

As someone pointed out too Xbox360 and PS3 could support motion control if they wanted without going to next gen.
All that is needed is a USB port and some firmware upgrade and both consoles are capable of that......

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

I dont even know if the Wii will have had a pricecut by 2010 let alone a new console, 2011 seems right for the 720, that would give it a full 6 years.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Another WII IS A FAD AND WILL DIE prediction, I see

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)