By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii 2, Playstation 4 and XBox 720 Release Dates?

The Ps4 will be released first, like 2012. And then the Super Wii and xbox720 coming a little bit later.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

for next gen... will ms go BR way? if not are they going for they own digital support or keep the dvd(true hd content in just 9 GB? i dont think so)? wii 2 will still go for dvd as they games are "little"

IMO not before 2013 all of them

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
This is some high quality BS.

well atleast its better than low quality bs.. quality over quantity !

Check out my game about moles ^

720 -- 2010 or 2011 (no later than 2012)
WiiHD -- 2010 or 2011

PS4 -- 2012-2015
Wii 2 2014 or 2015

Heavens to Murgatoids.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
wii2 around 2011 and next xbox around 2011 and ps4 in 2012.

This is my opinion too. Shiggy once said that Nintendo is taking the Japanese DTV transition "very seriously" and will want to move with that technology. Equally, i don't think they'll want to "milk" the Wii for too long such that they grow dependent on it, setting up the next console for failure rather than success. I think Microsoft will want to move forward to re-synch their console with their PC lineup, since Windows 7 could very well be for next year, and they'll want to build a new compatibility for Direct X 10 and possibly 11. Sony will hold out a year longer, because the next gen jump won't be as large, and Sony will want to hold on to PS3 longer to recoup losses and optimize profitability.

Nintendo will coordinate their 6th console launch with their 5th handheld launch, so that they follow each other one quarter after another. Sony will make one last push for the PSP this year, then replace it in 2010.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Dreamcast 2! 09/09/09 next!!!! They Can! in Cool background game Wii2, PS4 and XBOX 720? very good game play?

It will all depend on not just hardware but also software sales.

One thing is for sure though: We will not see a new home console and portable console both in the same year. What does that mean? Well we're likely to see a PSP2 and DS2 either in 2010 or 2011. That means that Sony and Nintendo are looking at a window between 2011 and 2014 to release their next gen console. I've always thought that 2012 would be the sweet spot..

Now think about Nintendo's position here:

DS software and hardware sales will likely begin to drop next year if they don't this year. This will be offset by ever increasing Wii sales in both the software and hardware departments.

In 2010/2011 Wii will most likely be hitting its peak in software sales and definately hit or past its peak in hardware sales. Therefore for Nintendo to continue to sell the amount of software and hardware it has been and to continue its growth, they'll need to have a successor to DS out in late 2010/early 2011.

Now if that's the case, they want to allow time for that console to grow in sales and slowly offset the aging DS. It won't be able to offset the slowing Wii however and you'll see price drops and colours and bundles to keep sales from dropping too quickly, lucky for Nintendo they have PLENTY of breathing room. Then we'll likely see an unveiling and release of the Wii2 in late 2012. Wii will continue to sell as the DS is dying and their new console begins to blossom and the new cycle will begin.

Sony again are in a similar position and are quite clearly trying to squeeze as much life out of the PSP as possible. This is most likely due to the fact that they're trying to expand their audience just as the PS2 did in the late stages of its life. It also means the PSP will probably have a price drop this year to drive sales and get some momentum happening for its successor.

I see a similar time period for the release of the PSP2 as the DS2, in 2010/early 2011.. However by now the PS3 will have had a price drop or 2 and so console sales should be healthy and software sales will probably be around 1 or 2 higher than it is now which isn't ideal. If the PSP2 really does well from the start then Sony can hold off a little bit longer on releasing the PS4 as it'll cover the near dead PSP and sluggish PS3 but if not then expect to see a PS4 in 2011/early 2012.

Microsoft don't have a portable to cover their asses but they do have a console with a very high attach rate and room to move price wise. The most important thing for them to do now is to expand their library and continue to lower the price to really expand into the late casual adopters. For Microsoft though, it's likely that the 360 will see a decline next year if not this year in software sales and then in hardware sales. In fact it's almost certain they'll see a decline next year. I think when they see that happening, we'll start hearing about the 720 and it'll probably be released in 2011 to get the jump on the others.

So my predictions are:

PSP2 2010 Q4

DS2 2011 Q1

XBOX 720 2011 Q4?

PS4 2012 Q4

Wii2 2012 Q4

That seems a lot like this gen :P hmm maybe it'll turn out a bit different... I don't know how though... Sales seem to point to those dates..

We'll see I guess won't we..

carmina2008 said:

Dreamcast 2! 09/09/09 next!!!! They Can! in Cool background game Wii2, PS4 and XBOX 720? very good game play?

I have no clue what you said about the Wii2,PS4 and 720 but I agree completly about the Dreamcast 2....if anyone say's otherwise you will have a very angery Sega Fanboy...

Former something....

This is BS !! why would Nintendo release another console next year ???!!

The X360 cost $400 when it launched in Nov 2005.

Now it's March 2009, and it still costs $300.

So only $100 drop in price in three and a half years. And it has just reached it's peak year saleswise.

This should tell us something. That generations have become longer. I don't think MS can launch a new console for $400 in 2.5 years from now (Nov 2011) when the X360 still costs $200.

So Nov 2012 is more likely for an Xbob 3.

And if the PS3 keeps struggling Sony mite wanna start all over and match MS with a simultanous launch in order to not auto-lose next gen. But Im still leaning towards 2013 for PS4.