By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii 2, Playstation 4 and XBox 720 Release Dates?

lol no way. If MS and Sony are actually dumb enough to give Nintendo a head start next gen. they will get destroyed for it.

Around the Network
Ail said:
misterd said:
bigjon said:
Ail said:

With the current economy consumers will want to make their console last longer and the same is true for developers due to higher development costs.
So it's very likely that this gen will last longer than the last gen....

And honestly personally I am not looking forward to upgrading again.
I was very eager to go from the PS2 to the PS3 but I don't see any technological advance I would want on my console aside maybe from more RAM.......( I can't say I feel like PC games are getting so far ahead of console gaming, especially partially due to the fact that high budget PC only titles are slowly becoming rarer and rarer..)

what you said, and to add.

People do not seem to have the thirst for bigger and better as much, and the Wii has proven this. The PS3 has alot of untapped potential, and the 360 has a good userbase that will be profitable for a while.

What makes you think the current economy will still be the current exconomy in 2 years?

From what everyone knows the economy hasn't hit bottom yet( everyone is predicting more job losses in 2009 and probably in 2010 too) and traditionally it takes at least 2 years for the job market to start recovering after the worse of a bad cycle.( the day things get better there suddenly won't be 5 million jobs created...)

People lost 40% of their stock value and between 20 to 30% of their  house value, those two won't be recovered in two years either...

Agreed. It really all depends on the recession/depression. Depending on who you listen to it can be very, very bad over the next couple of years.

Any xbox next gen success will depend on how america deals with the recession. If they piss of the rest of the world with the "americans should only buy american" stradegy, that can seriously affect american goods globally if the rest of the world retaliates. 

As for sony I don't think they will release anything for while. In the long term this recession might just turn out to be sonys saviour.

With Nintendo it all depends on when the wii stop selling and/or any action from the other two. There are in the best position for a long recession. The system is cheap to produce and to produce games for.

Ultimately it depends on the state of the economy. If consumers are in a bad way financially who the hell MS/Sony/Nintendo gonna sell their consoles to?

"As someone pointed out too Xbox360 and PS3 could support motion control if they wanted without going to next gen.
All that is needed is a USB port and some firmware upgrade and both consoles are capable of that......"

True, but as been discussed here and in other media before when everyone expected waggle/newton for the xbox360 last year, this is not feasible and unlikely to happen.

1. i dont belive these
2. it makes me sad that they have some kind of realese dates i love this gen

The Wii is selling like fire still. To release a new system next year is premature to say the least. The Xbox is the only likely one to release a new console in the near future.

The only way sony can release the ps4 before the others is if they make a good amnt of profit from the ps3 n their gaming sector n ryt nw it luks lyk they wil be the last to release it probably 2012 or 2013...i actualy think there cud be a less chance for a new xbox coz ms has had to sacrifice a lot and invest a lot for their 360 n sony will hav learnt frm their mistakes by now wat they hav to do fr the ps4..so the next gen cud be the revival of the ps but all that cud happen if the ps3 makes a profit

Being a cricket fan is much simpler and more fun
Around the Network

It would be interesting to have a 7 year gen for once. Just like how XP lasted for 7 years.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

I'm guessing 2012 at the earliest... if sales keep picking up for Microsoft you'll see a very strong presence after it's next console release if the next console is 100 percent BC.