By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How am I supposed to "get into" Metal Gear Solid?

I just picked up #4 ($45, can't go wrong!), but I have the Essentials collection--I've been trying to get through that, but I dun wanna beat all three games before playing 4...

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Metal Gear Solid 4 is an action packed game. Kojima put a lot of work into this game. In fact, this was probably the only game he has put so much effort into. If I were you I would play the MGS1, MGS2, and MGS3. I heard that Metal Gear Solid 3 was probably the best Metal Gear Solid 4 was amazing also. I think you will enjoy it.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

KylieDog said:
To be honest I couldn't recommend MGS4 to anyone, the story is so bad whether you have played the other games or not, and there is virtually no game to it.

BLASPHEMY!!!!  BLASPHEMY!!! How dare you!!

KylieDog said:
To be honest I couldn't recommend MGS4 to anyone, the story is so bad whether you have played the other games or not, and there is virtually no game to it.

Surprising.

WHOA ^^ Metal Gear Solid 4 is one of the only games that led me to think about the storyline for at least a day.

Around the Network

Bad? Wow

I wonder if MGS4's story was bad, imagine the other games he has played..

mM

@Aldro

MGS3 is pure emotion, the most emotional mgs game next to MGS4, the characters really get close to you.

mM

In the PS Store there's a piece of software in their called Metal Gear Database that you can download. I hope you're up for alot of Reading :P

4 ≈ One

KylieDog said:
To be honest if you could only play one MGS game, play MGS3, MGS2 relies on MGS1 too much for story, and doesn't even get finished. MGS4 relies all the other games and still sucks.

MGS3 has what can be a stand alone story, and it is still amazing. MGS1 is sort of stand alone, it does rely on MG1+2 but it fills in the plot from those games a little so you don't hear "Grey Fox" and think 'who?'

Guess that makes sense, since MGS3 was the Begining chronologically...

MGS3
MGS: Poratable Ops
Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
MGS
MGS2
MGS4

I believe that's how it goes.

4 ≈ One