By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How am I supposed to "get into" Metal Gear Solid?

Hm... If only MS would update the software backwards-compatibility again, then I could Play MGS2:Substance...

I Guess I'll:

1. Buy MGS:TTS (1) For the GameCube and play it

2.A. Get MGS2: Substance for the PC
2.B. If MS updates the BC again, I'll buy it for The 360...

3.A. I'll Play MGS4, without MGS3, because MGS3 is a prequel to the entire MGS and MG series... maybe watch a video or two...
3.B. If Sony updates the system f/w and adds either d/l-able PS2 games or adds s/w backwards-compatibility, I'll buy/rent MGS3

4.B I'll finally play MGS4

Around the Network

Leo, MGS3 may have been emotional but it also muted some of the thoughtful lectures in previous MGS games. Providing emotion in storylines is not always the ultimate goal as some people seem to be implying. Some story's are meant to be comical, others thoughtful, others emotional and so on. I believe MGS falls into the primarily thoughtful category and so I can see how MGS3 is out of place in that.

L.C.E.C. said:
Hm... If only MS would update the software backwards-compatibility again, then I could Play MGS2:Substance...

I Guess I'll:

1. Buy MGS:TTS (1) For the GameCube and play it

2.A. Get MGS2: Substance for the PC
2.B. If MS updates the BC again, I'll buy it for The 360...

3.A. I'll Play MGS4, without MGS3, because MGS3 is a prequel to the entire MGS and MG series... maybe watch a video or two...
3.B. If Sony updates the system f/w and adds either d/l-able PS2 games or adds s/w backwards-compatibility, I'll buy/rent MGS3

4.B I'll finally play MGS4

Oh, and I did a bit more research on The PC port of MGS2:Substance, and I've reas that the controls are terrible without a gamepad. I'm going to go buy a Classic Controller and play it that way. It's the next closest thing to a PS2 controller anyway, right?

Oh wait, I forgot that the PS3 Controller runs on Bluetooth. Heh, I'll just use that then, lol...

KylieDog said:
So did I, for weeks in fact. I still cannot understand how it ended up so bad.

I don't think it ended up bad Tihihihi =D Infact it ended up to be the best game of my life, and apparantly some people tend to agree and others agree with you :O :)

Around the Network

ARGH! MGS2 won't run on my PC... I'm going to buy MGS:TTS, and I think if it's still not 360-BC'd or PS3-s/w-BC'd, then I might go buy a used PS2 for $60 at GameStop... unlless anyone knows a better place...

OK Guys... I gave up on getting TTS or a PS2... I watched a play-through of both MGS:TTS and MGS2:S on YouTube... (There goes about 14 hrs of my life). Needless to say it was very interesting, and I liked it. Snake is an awesome character. (MGS2 was even in HD because it was on the PC version). However, I don't want to watch a Play-through of MGS3... I think someone said that MGS4 pretty much flashes back to hell about MGS3 and that you pretty much get that much of the story from that... Is that true? or is there some REALLY short summary I should read?

waiting to open the shrink-wrap,
L.C.E.C.

Wow what a coincidence.. L.C.E.C buy Metal gears solid of the playstation network, after playing that you can easily play MGS4

mM

^^^ But... I just said that I watched a play-trough of Twin Snakes... and Sons of Liberty (Substance)... Why would I play through MGS1 right after I just watched it? BTW, I'm confused about the whole "genetics" thing:

If Liquid and Snake have identical genetics, then how can Liquid have Big Boss's recessive genes? (and I know that Liquid is actually the dominant one or whatever)... That just doesn't make sense to me!

OK, I just went to GT and I'm just gonna watch the MG Retrospective video part 4 which talks about MGS3...