By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How am I supposed to "get into" Metal Gear Solid?

Oh ok, well everything is explained in MGS4 all this "confusion"

mM
Around the Network

YAY! I'm gonna go play it now!

After 7 months im happy that you are, do you have a psn id?

mM

Yeah, It's LxCxExCx.

I just completed the game for the first time, really good game. I hope you enjoy it.

Around the Network

I think MGS3 is the best of the series, and that you should have moved heaven and earth tho play it. I guess you're playing part 4, right now. If I had seen this thread earlier, I would have suggested getting your hands on the "Metal Gear Saga" DVD that came with pre-orders of MGS4. It gives you a pretty good re-cap without making the earlier games obsolete.

Each game in the series does deserve at least a week of your undivided attention, but I can understand you jumping into the series late, and needing to go through 10 years of gaming (not including the Nes/MSX games) fast. Anyway, enjoy your playthrough.

leo-j said:
You can just buy MGS1, the ps3 plays ps1 games..

dude forget it just play MGS4, you see my friends never played MGS, and understood the story very well.

Just watch the GT retrospectives:

Watching those are so...anticlimactic. Playing through it and watching are two totally different experiences, even if the end result is one obtaining the same knowledge of the franchise.

OT: Get MGS1 off the PSN store. Go find MGS1 in a game store. Get a $99 PS2. Get the essential collection. Do whatever. And at the WORST, watch the retrospectives on GameTrailers. You have options, man

Well, my friend played MGS1 but not 2 and 3, and fully enjoyed MGS4. Some people also told me that MGS4 was their first game for the series and they totally love it.

Just watch some GT retrospectives so you will understand the basic story of MGS.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

MGS4 is much more rewarding if you have played the earlier solid games, since you remember all the references in the 4th and you learn new things in the 4th about the earlier games so your propably gonna get excited and feel fulfilled after you know why things happened and for what.