By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How am I supposed to "get into" Metal Gear Solid?

get twin snakes on the gamecube it's excellent.

Around the Network

MGS4 without playing the previous games = shitty

I bought MGS4 thinking it would be great even without knowing the story but apparently not. I guess its more about story then fun gameplay.

you'll enjoy it more if you play the other three first. essentials collection = $30.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Torillian said:
Wasn't there like.....Twin Snakes for the Gamecube or something like that? Or am I just imagining things again?

I said that in the OP, that I asked for that...

Even people who have played the earlier MGS games on PS2, MGS 4's story is still very hard to understand. Kojima always puts philosophy into the MGS games. I get the impression Kojima is a wannabe Stanley Kubrick. Kojima tries so hard with the philosophy in the MGS games that hardly anyone understands it.

Around the Network

@numonex

If a 16 year old understands it, im sure grown 20-30 year old men can understand it.

mM
leo-j said:
@numonex

If a 16 year old understands it, im sure grown 20-30 year old men can understand it.

You're obviously a super 16 years old. ;)

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Get a used PS2 for like $30.

Well DL the MGS file you can find on the PSstore, read it then play the game! But don't be surprised if you don't think this game is awesome.

dude, get mgsone for that ps3, all ps3's emulate psone games, thats how i got into the metal gear games, i played the first one. I also played mgs two, but skipped three. Just play the first one if you can find it. If all hopes fail, just skip all cinematics and play the game, that will work, the action is just as good.