By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Capcom the best and smartest Japanese 3rd party?

If Dead Rising is coming to PSN, and Street Fighter 4 is on PSN day and date with its Blu-ray release then they are not only one of the smartest/ best in Japan, but also in the world. I have a very good feeling that Capcom is ready to be one of the first companies to really play a big role in Digital Distrabution, and that is exactly what I am looking for in games that are not utilizing the space of a Blu-ray disc.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

Back OT, yes, I think Capcom is far and away the smartest third party developer in Japan.

Look at how they spread resources... Sure, they haven't put many real blockbusters on the Wii, but they've fed some pretty good games to the system (Z&W, RE4: Wii, etc).

They're also the one Japanese developer that seems to understand Western tastes, which are quickly dwarfing the Japanese market when it comes to home consoles. Dead Rising, Lost Planet, RE4, etc... All good to great games targeted squarely at the Western markets. They also have their solid Japanese-flavored games (DMC, SF, MH, etc).

While I'm not sold at all on their upcoming Bionic Commando game, I have faith that it will be at least decent.

Capcom is the very definition of "not putting your eggs in one basket". They try to cover all markets and all systems, right down to PSN and XBL. If there is one Japanese developer that's set up to weather almost anything in the gaming market, it's Capcom. They show no loyalty to any market or system and try to ride the ebb and flow of the industry to their advantage.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Cobretti2 said:
TheBigFatJ said:
RayRay102 said:

I always love Capcom not only because they make great games, but rather they seems to be the only Jap publisher these days that know what the heck they are doing.

I only got to your racial slurs before I stopped reading.

get a life and grow up, not everything is DAMN RACIAL. Jap is short for japanese (yes I know it can be used in a RACIAL WAY). Does everyone have to type it out in full because people can't get past all this racial and political correctness BS around these days?

Okay, you keep using racist terms because you are too lazy not to.  See how far that gets you.

You're a real cool cat.

TheBigFatJ said:
Cobretti2 said:
TheBigFatJ said:
RayRay102 said:

I always love Capcom not only because they make great games, but rather they seems to be the only Jap publisher these days that know what the heck they are doing.

I only got to your racial slurs before I stopped reading.

get a life and grow up, not everything is DAMN RACIAL. Jap is short for japanese (yes I know it can be used in a RACIAL WAY). Does everyone have to type it out in full because people can't get past all this racial and political correctness BS around these days?

Okay, you keep using racist terms because you are too lazy not to.  See how far that gets you.

You're a real cool cat.

He's right though, its kind of BS to point the racist finger at someone when all they are doing is shortening a word (especially since the way he used it in the sentence was not racist at all). This is an internet forum, people shorten words all the time because its convenient. I'm sure he doesn't go down to the store and yell it at the top of his lungs or at Japanese people or something offensive like that.

Yeah they really are good, I just wish more support for the PSP and it will be perfect!

Around the Network
Tremble said:
Yeah they really are good, I just wish more support for the PSP and it will be perfect!

Your wish is supposed to be fulfilled next year, then.

RayRay102 said:

3. Taking advantage of Live, PSN and make original games or update old classics. Mega Man 9/ Bionic Commando/SF HD. These are some of the top selling games online. Where are the Contra, Golden Axe, or a classic Final Fantasy remake on Live and PSN?

I absolutely love this aspect of Capcom.  To me it seems like a good move to first put out an HD updated version of a classic title to get the interest out there and test the waters so they can release a full blown next gen version in the future.

rocketpig said:

Back OT, yes, I think Capcom is far and away the smartest third party developer in Japan.

Look at how they spread resources... Sure, they haven't put many real blockbusters on the Wii, but they've fed some pretty good games to the system (Z&W, RE4: Wii, etc).

They're also the one Japanese developer that seems to understand Western tastes, which are quickly dwarfing the Japanese market when it comes to home consoles. Dead Rising, Lost Planet, RE4, etc... All good to great games targeted squarely at the Western markets. They also have their solid Japanese-flavored games (DMC, SF, MH, etc).

While I'm not sold at all on their upcoming Bionic Commando game, I have faith that it will be at least decent.

Capcom is the very definition of "not putting your eggs in one basket". They try to cover all markets and all systems, right down to PSN and XBL. If there is one Japanese developer that's set up to weather almost anything in the gaming market, it's Capcom. They show no loyalty to any market or system and try to ride the ebb and flow of the industry to their advantage.

Pretty much sums everything up for me.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

i think it goes a little like this. SEGA. KONAMI. CAPCOM. for this year. but for next year i think it is going to be SEGA. CAPCOM. KONAMI

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

for me its namco 1st ,capcom 2nd and sega 3rd.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1