By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Capcom the best and smartest Japanese 3rd party?

Kantor said:
You do know that MGS4 has sold more than both versions of DMC4 combined, right?

And the Guitar Hero games have sold more then all Konami music games combined.

So whats your point here?

Around the Network
Solid_Raiden said:
RayRay102 said:
Hmm,
Let see MGS4/dance Dance revolution/a couple of Castlevania on DS/Rock Revolution (sold 2 copies on Wii I beliveved on its launch week) vs. Multiplatform released of DMC4, MONSTER HUNTER, Mega Man 9, Bionic Commando, SF HD. I would say Capcom.

Now in 2009 with SF4, Bionic Commando, RE5, another Monster Hunter, Dead Rising 2?, and Dead Rising on Wii >>>>>>>Whatever Konami has

I don't think you know what your talking about. You claim that MGS4 lost money for not going multiplat but we have little knowledge as to why. And yet at the same time MGS4 is staying a Sony exclusive, Sony is also buying the rights to make a huge budget live action hollywood movie of the franchise. Hmmm, I wonder how much Sony paid them for the movie rights? Sony might not have straight up moneyhatted the game to be an exclusive but I bet Konami got a sizeable check due to it. Don't you think? Also with the sony based products in the game (as well as other products such as the apple ipod) I'm pretty sure that MGS4 brought a lot of income into the Konami house that your excluding.

And what was Capcom's biggest release this year moneywise? Devil May Cry 4 a game whose sales combined on both systems fail in comparison to MGS4's sales alone. And then what? Some PSN/XBL  titles? And one psp game with the sales about that as PES which retails as a full priced console game?

I'll agree with you in 2009, but I don't think there's much real comparison for 2008 as to the real victor.

Yeah sales of a few million for a game that cost far far less to produce on TWO formats then MGS4 did on one must really be hurting Capcom.

Just WOW.

Ari_Gold said:
Street Fighter IV, Bionic Commando, and Resident Evil 5, Capcom delivering.

Dont forget the latest Monster Hunter on PSP, a game that cost peanuts to make but sold 3 million units.

Ari_Gold said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Capcom may be smarter than Konami, but who do you think is making more money?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Konami makes most of its money from activision and ea with licensing fees on music peripherals.

You are WRONG.

Konami makes most money from their non videogaming activities.

Fishie said:
Kantor said:

It's because the OP was comparing Capcom's move making DMC4 multi platform to Konami keeping MGS4 exclusive.

Around the Network
FullofWin said:
Fishie said:
Kantor said:

It's because the OP was comparing Capcom's move making DMC4 multi platform to Konami keeping MGS4 exclusive.

DMC has always been a smaller game then MGS so the comparison was not valid to begin with.

It was valid in this situation because of the OP's comparison though.

FullofWin said:

Not really as the OP`s comparison was pretty retarded to begin with.

Fishie said:
FullofWin said:

Not really as the OP`s comparison was pretty retarded to begin with.

Lol fair enough.

Capcom= Simply the best 3rd party developer in the world.

Street fighter 1,2, 2 champion edition, hyper fighting, Super street fighter, Street fighter EX 1, 2 & 3,Street fighter 3, 3 2nd impact, 3rd strike, and now Street fighter 4.
Devil may Cry 1,2,3 & 4
Resident evil 0, 1,2,3,code veronica, 4, soon resi 5 plus spin offs like resident evil survivor, Resident evil gaiden ect
Dino crisis 1,2, & 3
Megaman + countless sequels
Dead rising
Marvel vs capcom 1 & 2
Bionic commando
God hand
Chaos legion
Darkstalkers
Ghosts 'n' goblins & Ghouls 'n' ghosts
Final fight 1,2 & 3
Onimusha 1,2,3 & Dawn of dreams.
1942, 1943 ect.

And many MANY more................

Capcom have made more games than we have had hot dinners.