By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What's the scoop on Lair?

Sporticus said:
kber81 said:
Sporticus said:

Sorry to dissapoint you, but I'm going to be around a very long time. Just make sure you can keep up that balancing act on that line because I'm walking well away from it on safe solid ground.

Dissapoint? Why? You are polite. Mods did break you so now I see nothing wrong with your appearance here. 

You can't bait an innocent man's pride I'm afraid. Oh, Does managing that balancing act include egging on a situation after a mods kindly acts you to stop? and No Smiley this time?

now that's a nintendo avatar i can truly respect, hahaha

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Soulreaver, that article is wrong. I have the EGM in front of me, complaints:

-Motion controls are very bad and imprecise. "It's not just the air-based combat that will make you want to send your controller in actual flight."

-Ground combat sucks "They are an unsatisfying struggle with the camera."

-Targeting system sucks "The lock on system often sent my beast in random directions when I targeted a special kill."

-In game movies are badly timed and interrupt the flow of the game "The frequent midmission cinemas left me disoriented."

-There is no map so you never know where you are going "At least those titles had a radar, Lair's single guide arrow makes finding the next objective an exercise in futility."

-The epic feeling of the game is destroyed by invisible walls that limit you to a surprisingly small battle area, quote "Lair feels like it's trapped in a cave."

-Game is an unoriginal clone of their old games "Free to create an original project, how does Factor 5 wind up building a cliche-riddled Lord of the Rings reinterpretation of its Star Wars games?"

Honestly it sounds like they had quite a few very valid complaints. Good thing we have fanboys around though to tell us EGM is wrong about a game the fanboys have never played. Otherwise we would have believed the respected video game publication's reasonable analysis of the game.

I played the demo at E3, does that count? if it doesnt then me saying i enjoyed the demo is pointless if it does thats cool. I got in thanks to GameCock Media, got to love those guys, their parties were awesome. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ClaudeLv250 said:
IGN loves everything before they review it.

Well it isn't just IGN all reviewers suggest a game is good during their preview discussion, but right when the game comes out its a totally different story...Game A is trash the controls didn't do this and you can't do this. I never rely on reivews because its just people's opinion on the game, except I will read only if my decision is border line and I need some few bad things to know before my purchase, but other than that Lair looks good, plays good and its worth the admission for it.

ssj12 said:
naznatips said:

-Motion controls are very bad and imprecise. "It's not just the air-based combat that will make you want to send your controller in actual flight."

-Targeting system sucks "The lock on system often sent my beast in random directions when I targeted a special kill."

-In game movies are badly timed and interrupt the flow of the game "The frequent midmission cinemas left me disoriented."

-There is no map so you never know where you are going "At least those titles had a radar, Lair's single guide arrow makes finding the next objective an exercise in futility."

-The epic feeling of the game is destroyed by invisible walls that limit you to a surprisingly small battle area, quote "Lair feels like it's trapped in a cave."

-Game is an unoriginal clone of their old games "Free to create an original project, how does Factor 5 wind up building a cliche-riddled Lord of the Rings reinterpretation of its Star Wars games?"

Honestly it sounds like they had quite a few very valid complaints. Good thing we have fanboys around though to tell us EGM is wrong about a game the fanboys have never played. Otherwise we would have believed the respected video game publication's reasonable analysis of the game.

I played the demo at E3, does that count? if it doesnt then me saying i enjoyed the demo is pointless if it does thats cool. I got in thanks to GameCock Media, got to love those guys, their parties were awesome. 

Again thats your opinion on the game and thats EGM opinion on the game. The gamer should play the game first and then decide whether the game was trash or worthy of purchase. I would just listen to what the fanboys say because the game is good but not a hardware=push seller.

ssj12 said:
naznatips said:

It counts for something yeah.  However, you enjoying the demo means that you may like the game either way.  That's fine, but there is no reason to attack EGM for not liking it.  Their reviews were reasonable.  I recomend people actually read reviews (rather than just the scores) and determine for themselves if the negative aspects are a problem for them individually.  Then, if you still aren't sure, rent it first.

Around the Network
naznatips said:

Listen the podcast (around 45min):

http://www.n4g.com/ClickOut.aspx?ObjID=58732

Here's more discussion about it:

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=91692

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=91583

"They thought the dragon was a re- skinned x-wing"

LOL

"The dragon shooting fireballs was odd and wasn’t realistic enough"

WTF is a realistic fireball shooting dragon ?

"The game had no map and someone asked if the graphics were good and he said “its High Def” and he didn’t like the colors used,everything was brown and Grey."

Yahh Gears of War is just filled with natures colors.

"They didn’t like the art style and said the game lacked innovation"

xbot opinion nothing more.

^^^^

Hus is very intelligent

HAHAHA

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Hus said:

LOL

"The game had no map and someone asked if the graphics were good and he said “its High Def” and he didn’t like the colors used,everything was brown and Grey."

yea ill agree, the art style fit the game, I dont think a futuristic theme would fit in a game with dragons now would it lol

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
Hus said:

LOL

yea ill agree, the art style fit the game, I dont think a futuristic theme would fit in a game with dragons now would it lol

They could have come up with something a bit more original than "generic fantasy"

See Panzer Dragoon if you think that they couldn't have done something a bit different.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"