By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What's the scoop on Lair?

http://blogs.theage.com.au/screenplay/archives//007027.html

Lair won't be the game that sets PS3 sales alight, but if some camera and control issues can be sorted out before release, it should be a most welcome and entertaining asset to Sony's slowly growing PS3 library.

Around the Network

Weezy stop flaming trolling and everything else. Last warning, you've already been banned once before.

sieanr said:
ssj12 said:
Hus said:
"They thought the dragon was a re- skinned x-wing"

LOL

"The dragon shooting fireballs was odd and wasn’t realistic enough"

WTF is a realistic fireball shooting dragon ?

"The game had no map and someone asked if the graphics were good and he said “its High Def” and he didn’t like the colors used,everything was brown and Grey."

Yahh Gears of War is just filled with natures colors.

"They didn’t like the art style and said the game lacked innovation"

xbot opinion nothing more.
yea ill agree, the art style fit the game, I dont think a futuristic theme would fit in a game with dragons now would it lol

They could have come up with something a bit more original than "generic fantasy"

See Panzer Dragoon if you think that they couldn't have done something a bit different.

There is nothing wrong with "generic" fantasy.  The graphics look amazing, so art style is purely subjective.

I did not like how the dragons shot fireballs from the first video I saw.  In no dragon story I've seen does the dragon shoot out fireballs like it's a machine gun.  That just doesn't make sense.  I envision it as a charged up breath effect like has been standard since at least D&D (hence calling it breath attack).  In fact, it's more of a blow torch than a fireball to me.

But whatever, if the controls are good I'll play it.  I trust EGM, though, so that's my problem with the game so far.  I assume they are fixing it now.