By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What's the scoop on Lair?

EGM= best video game mag.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

I still say I like dragons, and I am buying this game. I could care less how it plays, it's eye candy, just like their SW titles were and I still bought those.(which the controls sucked, sorry it's my opinion)

Why do I buy it, even if the controls are horrible? Because I am a tool. Put dragons or SW on it and I buy it. I HAVE to.

At least I know I am a tool, most of you will be in denial the rest of your lives.

:P

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

weezy said:
EGM= best video game mag.

no i disagree, Game Informer is. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

So. EGM didn't like it because it's Rogue Squadren on a dragon.

Right down to AT-AT monsters.

So it's basically the same reason Mario Party 8 got bad reviews. Same with not much added.  Though atleast they made the groundwarfare not suck unlike previous instalments.

+ The motion controls were weird.

+ It replaces Starwars with Dragons. Which is a downgrade.

+ Playing rogue sqaudren as a dragon just feels weird.

Makes sense to me.

"no i disagree, Game Informer is. "

ROFL

Wow..I feel bad for some ppl.

Game Informer was cool .............IN THE 80's!!!!!!!

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
Sporticus said:
ckmlb said:
leo-j said:
The main problem is going to be stpid just riding a dragon through the whole game, I want to be able to get of the dragon and explore, its a BLU -RAY disc!! 50GB allows you, why didint they do that instead of riding a dragon with six axis controls for the whole game? It gets borin.

It's flight, dragon combat game. Do you expect stepping out of the car in Gran Turismo and running on foot?

That's fair, but also it never hurts to expand a genre and innovate the way its played. F5 showed us in Rouge Squadron III that you could leave your vehicles and fight on foot in frequent situations. GTA (unrelated to F5 obviously) also shows us the possibilities of such freedom in sandbox gameplay. That doesn't mean Lair should be like that or would have been any better if such an aspect had that been included, but the fact stands that there is no reason they couldn't have done it.

Saying a game is "this" and you should only expect it to be "this" because of that is kind of defeatist and linear in both expectations and thinking. Why expect any new games to be anything other than a reskinned version of an older games then if that's your take on the matter.

On a side note: If ground levels had originally been planned as Twestern suggested, then they were probably cut to get the game out earlier, possibly a decision made after the distress of the PS3's launch.

Ground levels probably were not included because they are not as cool as...oh, i dunno...flying on a dragon.

The game also doesn't have a puzzle mini-game.  Should it be bashed for that as well?

Saying this game is just a reskinned version of any other game ever is just ridiculous.  It's quite unique in its own right.

As for some peoples' criticism of EGM not reviewing final code...they always review final code, unless the developer suddenly decides to halt production in order to fix the gameplay like Factor 5 has hopefully done. 

leo-j said:
We have a blu-ray disc. The game is said to use 25gb of the space. The other 25gb is just a waste of nothing on the disc. Riding a dragon with the six axis at 30fps is a piece of crud. The graphcis may be OMG!! CRISIS ON A DRAGON!!, but filying around ONLY sucks, look at warhawk, it used to be a flight only and they took that out because gamers wouldn't like it. Unless the game is 60fps I wont be buying.

Do you want foot levels in Ace Combat, too?

Some games are just flight!  

Do you want more flight levels in Killzone 2?  Seriously... 

rubido said:
kber81 said:
This guy is full of crap... This game isn't great... it's like Motorstorm... yeah... It definitely sucks. No soul...
What a dumbass...

One dumbass played the game and gave it a score. Another one didn't play it and blindly says the game is great. Which should I listen to? hummmmmmmm...

You should actually play the game before you make comments like these. Your credibility goes down by way too much if you keep trying.

I played Motorstorm and that certainly doesn't suck. 

windbane said:
rubido said:
kber81 said:
This guy is full of crap... This game isn't great... it's like Motorstorm... yeah... It definitely sucks. No soul...
What a dumbass...

One dumbass played the game and gave it a score. Another one didn't play it and blindly says the game is great. Which should I listen to? hummmmmmmm...

You should actually play the game before you make comments like these. Your credibility goes down by way too much if you keep trying.

I played Motorstorm and that certainly doesn't suck. 

He didn't say it sucked.  He just said it wasn't "great".  As in it was ok.  What's with people and only having Great games or Bad games... hasn't anyeone ever played an OK or good game?  Ones that were fun but not as fun as they could of been?

windbane said:
Sporticus said:
ckmlb said:
leo-j said:

As for some peoples' criticism of EGM not reviewing final code...they always review final code, unless the developer suddenly decides to halt production in order to fix the gameplay like Factor 5 has hopefully done.

I agree with you!

Game magazines don't review betas but games with golds or near gold status, they are asking for it officially!

I guess factor five was "testing the waters" with egm.

If egm had approved the game they wouldn't have halted the production.