By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What's the scoop on Lair?

The trailers and previews for this game look very interessting, but early reviews are totally panning this game.  Anyone heard anything good about it?  Will it play as good as it looks?

Early mixed reviews:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/929230.asp?q=lair

Around the Network

The main problem is going to be stpid just riding a dragon through the whole game, I want to be able to get of the dragon and explore, its a BLU -RAY disc!! 50GB allows you, why didint they do that instead of riding a dragon with six axis controls for the whole game? It gets borin.

mM

Well IGN loves the game so im expecting a high score from them.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

IGN loves everything before they review it.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

This game is solid. Personally I've already preordered it.

Around the Network

I have this pre-ordered too. Oh and IGN doesnt love all games before they review them but they do get to play almost every build for each game before it goes gold so they should know if the game will be good or not.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

leo-j said:
The main problem is going to be stpid just riding a dragon through the whole game, I want to be able to get of the dragon and explore, its a BLU -RAY disc!! 50GB allows you, why didint they do that instead of riding a dragon with six axis controls for the whole game? It gets borin.

The dont buy it duhhh.

Its a dragon game, not run around with some dude. 

It's not a matter of the Blu-Ray disc being so big that they should be able to do something with that space, its a matter of how much time do they have to develop the game. The problem of these high end graphical masterpieces that Sony so wanted this generation is that if you want them out before the PS4 is released, you're probably going to have to put up with smaller than could've been worlds or shorter games.

The game will be solid, it will be fun, but it won't be a must have for many. The fact this is the first major PS3 title that PS3 fans can't agree on the value of or level of anticipation deserved is testament to its limited appeal. In all fairness, it's essentially HD Panzer Dragoon and will probably do about as well with consideration for the PS3's underbase.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

Sporticus said:
It's not a matter of the Blu-Ray disc being so big that they should be able to do something with that space, its a matter of how much time do they have to develop the game. The problem of these high end graphical masterpieces that Sony so wanted this generation is that if you want them out before the PS4 is released, you're probably going to have to put up with smaller than could've been worlds or shorter games.

Cant be more wrong even if you tried.

Its a matter of "game design" a dragon flight game, thats it. F5 sure as hell is not known for anythign elese other then fly and destroy stuff.

Hus said:
Sporticus said:

Cant be more wrong even if you tried.

Its a matter of "game design" a dragon flight game, thats it. F5 sure as hell is not known for anythign elese other then fly and destroy stuff.

You couldn't be more abrassive if you tried.

F5, made Rouge Squadron III which featured extensive ground battles and third person lightsaber fights, everything the person above wanted the game to be in addition to flying. You're generalization is misplaced and misinformed I'm afraid. Also, since my summation is a problem admitted to by almost every developer who has worked for the PS3/360 I think we stand a good chance of seeing it applying in some way shape or form to Lair as well, despite what reasons you choose to dismiss the game's limitations with don't expect a terribly long or large game.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom