By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What's the scoop on Lair?

leo-j said:
The main problem is going to be stpid just riding a dragon through the whole game, I want to be able to get of the dragon and explore, its a BLU -RAY disc!! 50GB allows you, why didint they do that instead of riding a dragon with six axis controls for the whole game? It gets borin.

It's flight, dragon combat game. Do you expect stepping out of the car in Gran Turismo and running on foot?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
Hus said:
Sporticus said:
It's not a matter of the Blu-Ray disc being so big that they should be able to do something with that space, its a matter of how much time do they have to develop the game. The problem of these high end graphical masterpieces that Sony so wanted this generation is that if you want them out before the PS4 is released, you're probably going to have to put up with smaller than could've been worlds or shorter games.

Cant be more wrong even if you tried.

Its a matter of "game design" a dragon flight game, thats it. F5 sure as hell is not known for anythign elese other then fly and destroy stuff.

No, actually Sporticus is right (as are you).  They could have in fact had ground levels originally planned but for time reasons that had to be cut.  This happens with just about every game in existance.

twesterm said:
Hus said:
Sporticus said:
It's not a matter of the Blu-Ray disc being so big that they should be able to do something with that space, its a matter of how much time do they have to develop the game. The problem of these high end graphical masterpieces that Sony so wanted this generation is that if you want them out before the PS4 is released, you're probably going to have to put up with smaller than could've been worlds or shorter games.

Cant be more wrong even if you tried.

Its a matter of "game design" a dragon flight game, thats it. F5 sure as hell is not known for anythign elese other then fly and destroy stuff.

No, actually Sporticus is right (as are you). They could have in fact had ground levels originally planned but for time reasons that had to be cut. This happens with just about every game in existance.

There is ground combat in Lair on the dragon, as far as runnig around as the dude.  Its F5 you really want them to do that. 

ckmlb said:
leo-j said:
The main problem is going to be stpid just riding a dragon through the whole game, I want to be able to get of the dragon and explore, its a BLU -RAY disc!! 50GB allows you, why didint they do that instead of riding a dragon with six axis controls for the whole game? It gets borin.

It's flight, dragon combat game. Do you expect stepping out of the car in Gran Turismo and running on foot?

LMFAO

great anwser!!! 

ckmlb said:
leo-j said:

That's fair, but also it never hurts to expand a genre and innovate the way its played. F5 showed us in Rouge Squadron III that you could leave your vehicles and fight on foot in frequent situations. GTA (unrelated to F5 obviously) also shows us the possibilities of such freedom in sandbox gameplay. That doesn't mean Lair should be like that or would have been any better if such an aspect had that been included, but the fact stands that there is no reason they couldn't have done it.

Saying a game is "this" and you should only expect it to be "this" because of that is kind of defeatist and linear in both expectations and thinking. Why expect any new games to be anything other than a reskinned version of an older games then if that's your take on the matter.

On a side note: If ground levels had originally been planned as Twestern suggested, then they were probably cut to get the game out earlier, possibly a decision made after the distress of the PS3's launch.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

Around the Network

LAIR is about DRAGONS

keep posting you bs.

Hus said:
LAIR is about DRAGONS

keep posting you bs.

Getting harder and harder for you to keep up the guise isn't it Blue3? As much as you try you can't go very long without degrading into outright insults and slanderous trolling.

To humor your dubious stance on the matter, would you please explain to us how a game that is about Dragons is by that aspect of that claim alone made incapable of exploring aspects outside of riding said dragons?

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

- Unknown

- Sony Fandom

Calm down with the name calling. Also Sporticus how do you know about Blue3?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I've been here longer than my account. This is also not the first time I've brought up the accusation. What? Is he a forum secret?

- John Lucas

- Reggie Fils-Aime

- Unknown

- Sony Fandom

kber81 said:
This game is solid. Personally I've already preordered it.

yeh. i think i will be picking this game up regardless of the reveiws. I know i will have lots of fun.