By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What's the scoop on Lair?

When I first heard about Lair, I kind of wondered what the big deal was going to be. Then I saw some stills, and I continued to be unimpressed. When the full motion gameplay footage came out, I was struck at how repetitive it seemed. All the foot soldiers looked the same, moved the same, sounded the same. There is a niche for games like this, but it's a relatively small one. The only reason this game will sell at all, is that the menu of PS3 games is so small right now. This title is dead in the water.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
Hus said:
weezy said:
Lair already got clowned by EGM.

i cant remember the exact scores but they werent pretty

They also never reviewd the final build, how credible is it then.

exactly final version has leaderboards and crap. It also has a trophy for Home.

Final version has the framerate issies fixed.

Hey i'm still in on this one as a belly flop. No flaming, no trolling I just have very little sales expectations for this game.

Good troolin, i give you a -A

Sporticus said:
I've been here longer than my account. This is also not the first time I've brought up the accusation. What? Is he a forum secret?

Sure you've been here longer Gball. To be honest I'm shocked you aren't banned yet. It looks like you need few more days to start feeling comfortable...

Devil Jin... nice to see you've changed an avatar.

Around the Network

Who is this Gball jackass because this isn't the first thread I've seen degrade into the same 2-3 people accusing everyone that doesn't agree with them of being this person.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Yes, me and half the forum are Gbalzack apparently. I guess anyone whose registered within the last two months is automatically held in suspision of being one of the Troll King's secret handles.

Dissagree in anyway with a pro-Sony or pro-MS comment and watch your back because if you don't have the B.G. "Before Gbalzack" tenure here to back up your identity then you're fair game for the witch hunt.

And ClaudeLv250, don't be a hero, if you're not careful you too can become one of Gbalzack's handles and not even know it.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

@ Weezy 

Lair already got clowned by EGM.

I am not sure yet if Lair will clown EGM instead. Some of the latest videos look amazing, I'm still openminded about the controls, some people hate the motion sensing option in Motorstorm but even my girlfriend manages to win races without crashing using it (Controlling Motorcycles with motion sensing is hardcore hard though). Sixaxis control for flight seems promising to me.

Super Ruba Duck also got some bad reviews due to motion sensing. But I had lots of fun playing the game
with my girlfriend, makes me wonder if the reviewers just lacked the skill. We earned the golden ducky some time ago, I would love the game would get an expansion pack. 

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Sporticus said:

Yes, me and half the forum are Gbalzack apparently. I guess anyone whose registered within the last two months is automatically held in suspision of being one of the Troll King's secret handles.

Hahah... yes, we should replace word troll with Gball... your post speaks for yourself. You can change your nick but sooner rather than later you'll start your job again. I'm not the only one who thinks you are Gball... think for a while about it - even if you aren't G... you act like him... also you will finish like him.  

Kber, leave him alone ffs. Do you have any proof that sporticus is gball? No? Then leave it.
If Sporticus starts trolling like Gball Im sure the mods will ban him, until then just leave it.