By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 7th Generation Fanboy Treaty

colonelstubbs said:
3.7 is incorrect. The PS3 interface looks a hell of a lot more professional and streamlined than the 360's crayon coloured interface

Coming from a new owner, the PS3 interface looks like crap. Its about as boring as it gets. The PSP interface? Really? And even that one is much more easily customizeable. The only thing making it bearable is free themes. I'm not saying the 360 interface is a whole lot better, buts its a bit more interesting. The blades were better though imo.

Despite how much many people want to say the OP is biased, and he probably is, he doesn't seem to be any certain type of fanboy. We can all put our hands over our ears and scream "lalalala I can'thearyouicanthearyou my favorite console has no faults!" but it doesn't make this list much untrue. Granted there are some LARGE tweaks to be made depending on your gaming preference(I would have put Sony's first party ahead of Nintey's), but its a lot better then many would say.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

I can't agree with 1.2 while the vast majority of their hardcore offerings are nothing more than sequels and remakes.

Trim 1.7 and 3.5, and i could buy it. Considering pretty much everything else in my house that i can stick an optical disc into plays DVDs, it really doesn't matter that Wii can't, and the CELL is perfectly fine to program for. It's just different. Don't let Gabe Newell's lies fill your head.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I think the PS3 has the best interface of all the consoles.

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

This fails.

Why not let people think on their own and have their own opinions? I honestly, as a gamer, feel that the Wii is a piece of shit. It's horrible, and has only a select few of quality titles. No treaty or no mod banning me is going to change my opinion; I bet any amount of money that the other people here feel just as strongly about their opinions.

All this treaty does is try and force people to give up their views and follow what everyone else thinks. VGchartz.com is susspose to be an open community, and it was it's early days. I think it sucks that the newer members here are forcing the community to take a censorship direction just because they can't handle people not liking their console.

Around the Network

"Signatures

Ender"

Sums the thread up

"Article 2.5 -- Games built for the 360 and PC only will be referred to as a “console exclusive”.   Console exclusives will"

TL;DT (Too long, didn't type)

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

First off, I want to thank everyone for their feedback.  A few notes before I reply directly:

1)      This thread was mostly done in jest, and should not be taken too seriously.  I thought it would be fun to try and find some common ground.

2)      I understand nobody is going to completely agree with everything.  With treaties you have to give a little.  It’s all about compromise. 

3)      I apologize for the sloppiness of the OP.  I wrote this at work, and I didn’t have time to proofread as well as I would have liked.

Now… on to the feedback.

•       I don’t know how I missed article 3.6… doh!
  •       Article 1.2 is tough to argue with.  Personally, Nintendo isn’t my favorite developer, but their history is incredible.  They by far have the largest amount of quality to junk ratio.  Microsoft and Sony on the other hand release games like too human & lair… yeesh.  I’d also like to point out Nintendo releases amazing titles that are fun for everyone.
  •       In article 2.5 we should strike the following:  “Console exclusives will”.  That was just sloppy.
  •       According to cnet.com the 360’s dvd playback has received poor reviews, while Sony’s have been excellent.
  •        I agree we should strike article 3.7.  I think the point about themes is a good one and I can understand how someone might favor Sony’s interface..
  •       I standby article 1.7, it would be nice if it had dvd playback.  Perhaps we can change the wording to sound less harsh?
  •       Article 3.5 seems to be a topic of debate that should be further discussed. 

I updated the OP and showed the revisions. 

Article 1.5 is still wildly inaccurate. There have been 3 games released by Nintendo that will (or have) sell at least 5 million copies. Thats not counting Wii Fit because it was released earlier in Japan. You really need to change it to be Fall 08 for the article to be remotely accurate. Ninetendo's first party was going strong until then at the very least.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Make the following amendments and I'll sign

Replace

Article 1.7 –- The Wii’s lack of dvd playback is disappointing.

with

Article 1.7 –- You already have more dvd players/drives than eyeballs, there is no way another one could help

and

Article 1.5 -- The Wii’s 08 lineup was disappointing.

with

Article 1.5 -- The Wii’s 08 lineup included too many good games to name, and should not be criticised

Gnizmo said:
Article 1.5 is still wildly inaccurate. There have been 3 games released by Nintendo that will (or have) sell at least 5 million copies. Thats not counting Wii Fit because it was released earlier in Japan. You really need to change it to be Fall 08 for the article to be remotely accurate. Ninetendo's first party was going strong until then at the very least.

Good point. I meant it was disappointing from a quality perspective, not sales. That's not to say there wasn't quality, just not enough.  The wording should be revised.