By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 7th Generation Fanboy Treaty

Khuutra said:
Can't agree with several points, including the 360 having the best-balanced library. Try telling that to my girlfriend.

Also, the Virtual Console keeps the Wii's online service from being awful. Yes, downloadable games are a component of that.

Stop lying. People on the internet dont have girlfriends

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network
colonelstubbs said:
Khuutra said:
Can't agree with several points, including the 360 having the best-balanced library. Try telling that to my girlfriend.

Also, the Virtual Console keeps the Wii's online service from being awful. Yes, downloadable games are a component of that.

Stop lying. People on the internet dont have girlfriends

Right, but see, I'm a Wii owner, I break that law because I'm a non-gamer.

It's so liberating!

1.2 I will NEVER agree with. I think it goes Sony > Nintendo > Microsoft for 1st party.

All nintendo has is the same ones its had since the NES/N64 days which is Mario, Zelda, and Metroid. Sony on the other hand keeps growing its first party/exclusives. Resistance, Uncharted, Motorstorm are examples for new Sony IP's from this gen.

Plus Sony still has the same ones from previous gens like Gran Turismo, Ratchet and Clank, Killzone, God of War, etc

I can't think of a game on the 360 that my wife would even touch. She knows some 360 owners and thinks they're retarded because all they play is Call of Duty, Gears, Halo, and Rock Band.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I can't think of a game on the 360 that my wife would even touch. She knows some 360 owners and thinks they're retarded because all they play is Call of Duty, Gears, Halo, and Rock Band.

This is what I mean. Tales of Vesperia is the best I can do because she wants a co-op RPG, and my girlfriend is playing the original Gears with me, but it's not somehting she normally enjoys and the Wii library is generally much more to her liking.

Around the Network

haha...good read. don't agree with some things but A for effort.

coolestguyever said:
1.2 I will NEVER agree with. I think it goes Sony > Nintendo > Microsoft for 1st party.

All nintendo has is the same ones its had since the NES/N64 days which is Mario, Zelda, and Metroid. Sony on the other hand keeps growing its first party/exclusives. Resistance, Uncharted, Motorstorm are examples for new Sony IP's from this gen.

Plus Sony still has the same ones from previous gens like Gran Turismo, Ratchet and Clank, Killzone, God of War, etc

I think you mean Nintendo doesn't make new IPs that interest you, because they're making tons of new IPs.  Isn't it new casual Nintendo IPs that are destroying the industry?  Nintendogs is from this gen.  So is Brain Training.  The Wii Sports/Play/Fit/Music franchise is new.  Captain Rainbow, Disaster, the Bit Generations stuff like Orbital and SoundVoyager and their Art Style cousins on WiiWare, Elektroplankton, and a bunch of stuff.

Heres the Cell programming guide for:

Article 3.5 -- We no longer blame “lazy developers” for the PS3’s programming difficulties. Sony deserves all the blame.

Replace that with:

1) Locate game with performance problems and/or design compromises.
2) If there is no 360 equivalent of said game, then goto step 10
3) If performance/design problems are the same as the 360 version, goto step 20.
4) Goto step 30.
10) Great job! All performance consequences are deemed ok and/or not noticeable. END
20) Good job, but clearly the game could have been better if the PS3 was actually used. Maybe the coders won't be quite so lazy next time. END.
30) What a crap port, damn coders must be at the beach drinking mai tai's. END.

Its because the Sony die hards can only read programming thats designed to run on the Cell, they might understand it better.

Tease.

I dont agree Nintendo as the best internet service ;)

article 1.8 - the wii has the worst graphics when compared to it's competition

please add :D