By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will we ever see another RPG like FFVII?

New rule...
no emo comments allowed haha

Around the Network

There are way better JRPGs than FFVII. Vagrant Story, Nocturne, Secret of Mana, FFIX, FFIV, FFX and FFVI come to mind. I didn't really like the story in FFVII.

Darc Requiem said:
novasonic said:
I've played FF 3, 4, 6, 7, 10, 10-2, and 12
In order of greatness, I'd say they go 10, 6, 12, 4, 3, 7 and 10-2
Yes. That's right. 7 is near the bottom.

Yeah FFVII is near the bottom for me as well. It is still my most overhyped video game of all time. First Final Fantasy game that I played, at the time, that I didn't like. I'd take IV, VI, X, IX, V, III, I, and XII ahead of FFVII. VIII and X-2  were pretty awful but I don't despise them near as much as VII.

Heh heh FF7 was bad, but I donno if it's worse than that herrendous pile of garbage that was FF10-2.. That one was just..Phew.. I put like 5 hours into it and then turned it off. Put it back in the case. Put it on my game/dvd shelf. And there it shall stay...forever.. I still shake my head whenever i notice it sitting there..mocking me..

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Carl2291 said:
New rule...

Don't worry.. I slapped myself for saying that.

novasonic said:
Carl2291 said:
New rule...

Wash yourself with holywater?

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
novasonic said:
Carl2291 said:
New rule...

Wash yourself with holywater?

Hellz no! Religion is for the weak! A good slap upside the head will do quite nicely.

novasonic said:
Darc Requiem said:
novasonic said:
I've played FF 3, 4, 6, 7, 10, 10-2, and 12
In order of greatness, I'd say they go 10, 6, 12, 4, 3, 7 and 10-2
Yes. That's right. 7 is near the bottom.

Yeah FFVII is near the bottom for me as well. It is still my most overhyped video game of all time. First Final Fantasy game that I played, at the time, that I didn't like. I'd take IV, VI, X, IX, V, III, I, and XII ahead of FFVII. VIII and X-2  were pretty awful but I don't despise them near as much as VII.

Heh heh FF7 was bad, but I donno if it's worse than that herrendous pile of garbage that was FF10-2.. That one was just..Phew.. I put like 5 hours into it and then turned it off. Put it back in the case. Put it on my game/dvd shelf. And there it shall stay...forever.. I still shake my head whenever i notice it sitting there..mocking me..

At least, X-2 had good gameplay. When you combine that with the fact that I don't have people telling me how great X-2, the choice is easy. FFVII started the descent of Final Fantasy into substanceless flash. It wasn't a good game and the only positive of FFVII's existence is that it proved that JRPGs can sell in the West with a good ad campaign. A poor story, terrible characters, and awful gameply equal one of my most disappointing gameplay experiences since I had the misfortune of playing Deadly Towers on NES.

Mmm I love how this turned into the Anti-FF7 forum! I will sleep well tonight.

novasonic said:
Mmm I love how this turned into the Anti-FF7 forum! I will sleep well tonight.

Ill stand by my Cloud and Co all day long

I rather want to see another game like Xenogears again

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints