By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will we ever see another RPG like FFVII?

Khuutra said:
Final Fantasy VII has been topped many times since its release.

And many times beofre it's release.

Around the Network

NEXT FF games have that POTENTIAL. :)

But, yes, FF7 FTW! =) Or better, remake... that would be awesome. I would love to replay 3rd time FF7 with HD graphics.)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

perpride said:

BY the looks of this the title of this thread should have been: "Give me a list of RPGs you enjoyed more than FFVII":)

Do SRPGs count?  Assuming not... off the top of my head....

FF1

FF4

FF5

FF6

FF8 (Ok FF8 sucked... but Triple Triad was better then 7 and 8's main games put together.)

FF12

Chrono Trigger

Xeno Gears

Robo Trek

7th Saga

Secret of Mana

Secret of Evermore

Terranimiga

Earthbound

Earthbound Zero

Earthbound 3

Fallout

Fallout 2

Morrowind

Dragon Warrior

Destiny of an Emperor

Destiny of an Emperor 2.

Shin Megami Tensei

Shin Megami Tensei 2

Persona 2

Persona 3

Super Mario RPG

Suikoden 4

Ultima Exodus

Ultima Quest of the Avatar

Baldurs Gate

Wild Arms 3

Illusion of Gaia

EVO Search for Eden

Lufia

Lufia 2 Rise of the Sinistrals

Inido Way of the Ninja

Shadowrun

I bought a PS1 for FF7... and it was basically the biggest disappointment in the history of gaming for me.

lufia 2 FTW!

Is the question whether there will one day be another RPG featuring a blonde, chronically depressed young adult with a giant sword being joined by a rag tag group of heroes and anti-heroes on a quest to stop a villian hell bent on destroying the world rather than doing the rational thing and rule it instead? Nah. That's too unique.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

The only game that will make VII look like childs play is Versus XIII, In my honest opinion...

Onyxmeth said:

Is the question whether there will one day be another RPG featuring a blonde, chronically depressed young adult with a giant sword being joined by a rag tag group of heroes and anti-heroes on a quest to stop a villian hell bent on destroying the world rather than doing the rational thing and rule it instead? Nah. That's too unique.

That's about the best brief summation of FFVII I've seen.

@Kasz216

I feel you pain man.

@ OP begs the question does not mean what you think it means

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begging_the_question

The phrase you were looking for is 'raises the question', which is a completely different thing

I enjoyed FFVII as much as anyone when it first came out but now looking back on it it really was and is one of the most overrated games of all times and not that great.

scottie said:
@ OP begs the question does not mean what you think it means

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begging_the_question

The phrase you were looking for is 'raises the question', which is a completely different thing

LOL!

thanx for the info