...It takes all 50GB on the Blu-Ray disc

...The disc is physically bigger than all the other PS3 discs

...The environments are HUGE

...The case isn't a normal size?

...the sackboys are monsters

...the internet is huge, LBP uses the internet, therefore LBP is huge

Ohhhhh...LBP is HUGE!!

Really, the case is bigger?

Also if you go to ten we can make it a David Letterman skit.

I ran out of ideas

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
DMeisterJ said:
My mess?

The hell it was.

I simply made the saying big.

It was never about sales, and that's why I made the thread about it. Since you assumed it was about sales, and no one decided to ask a question about it, that's your fault. Don't put it on me that you didn't think to figure out what it means.

That's all you got out of what I wrote? Nothing rung a bell there? The story? None of it clicked?

Huge cannot be used in a sentence to portray quality in a videogame. It doesn't make sense.

Huge can be used in a sentence to portray how much a game has sold. It does make sense.

Explain to me what "huge" meant then. What about LBP was "huge" or was going to be "huge"? Don't say it's Metacritic either, because I'm not buying that.

*Looks in Thesaurus*

Synonyms: behemothic, bulky, colossal, cyclopean, elephantine, enormous, extensive, gargantuan, giant, gigantic, great, gross*, humongous, immeasurable, immense, jumbo, leviathan, lusty, magnificent, mammoth, massive, mighty, mondo, monster*, monstrous*, monumental, mountainous, outsize, oversize, planetary, prodigious, stupendous, titanic*, towering, tremendous, vast, walloping, whopping*

ppsssst... say lusty.. that should work.. right? o_O

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

The Metal Gear pack isn't going to hurt sales either.

PSN - hanafuda

VGhippy said:
I think it's selling very poorly and only managed to get most of the sales it has due to being force bundled. I know it sounds harsh but I think the numbers back up the conclusion. If you look at this weeks sales you can see that in the areas where it is only lightly bundled (Americas, Japan) it has only managed 70k combined sales this week. Then if you look at Europe where it is heavily bundled (about 50% of consoles in the UK) it has 120k sales. I think it's obvious that bundles are pushing the sales of this product heavily as it is pretty much just a free game and you do not have a lot of other options when it comes to bundle choices.

The only reason I stumbled onto this information was because I want to buy a ps3 again but I'm not a huge fan of LBP and was getting a bit annoyed trying to find a bundle that did not have LBP or Call of Duty.

For an example of how heavily bundled it is in the UK, Amazon UK only has a choice of three free games with the PS3 and one of them is LBP. You are allowed to choose 2 of them when you buy a console.... unless you have a motor storm fetish you are getting LBP.

you arent looking hard enough if you cant find a none lbp bundle. america doesn't have bundles and japan only makes up like 4k out of thar 70k. Europe has ALWAYS bought more SW than US for ps3 too AND more ps3's are sold weekly there.

pbroy said:
Onyxmeth said:
DMeisterJ said:
My mess?

The hell it was.

I simply made the saying big.

It was never about sales, and that's why I made the thread about it. Since you assumed it was about sales, and no one decided to ask a question about it, that's your fault. Don't put it on me that you didn't think to figure out what it means.

That's all you got out of what I wrote? Nothing rung a bell there? The story? None of it clicked?

Huge cannot be used in a sentence to portray quality in a videogame. It doesn't make sense.

Huge can be used in a sentence to portray how much a game has sold. It does make sense.

Explain to me what "huge" meant then. What about LBP was "huge" or was going to be "huge"? Don't say it's Metacritic either, because I'm not buying that.

*Looks in Thesaurus*

Synonyms: behemothic, bulky, colossal, cyclopean, elephantine, enormous, extensive, gargantuan, giant, gigantic, great, gross*, humongous, immeasurable, immense, jumbo, leviathan, lusty, magnificent, mammoth, massive, mighty, mondo, monster*, monstrous*, monumental, mountainous, outsize, oversize, planetary, prodigious, stupendous, titanic*, towering, tremendous, vast, walloping, whopping*

ppsssst... say lusty.. that should work.. right? o_O

Well then.

Around the Network

You know if anything, the DLC for lbp is selling very well, the DLC is on the top downloads for PSN XD

mM

Frankly, i don't see the point of this thread, who cares what people think about this game, I like it, you like it, and a million plus have bought it. Trust me, a lot of people wish they had this game for their console.

LEAVE IT ALONE ALREADY.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Max King of the Wild said:

you arent looking hard enough if you cant find a none lbp bundle. america doesn't have bundles and japan only makes up like 4k out of thar 70k. Europe has ALWAYS bought more SW than US for ps3 too AND more ps3's are sold weekly there.

I'm not saying that you cannot find bundles without LBP. I'm just pointing out that when you go to the most popular online console retailers in the UK such as Amazon, GAME and gamestation and see that 60%+ of their bundles have LBP then it seems to be the case that a lot of sales will be coming through bundles. There is not a huge amount of choice.

"LBP will be HUGE" was because of all the possible user created contents I believe.

DMeisterJ said:

No matter how good the game does commercially (1.3 million sold in 8 weeks), or Critically (metacritic if 95) the game will never be seen as a success.  It's a shame too, since the game is so freaking awesome.  

This community would rather downplay the game's success, and call the game a failure because of the hype (not the game's fault), rather than look at it on it's own merits, a new IP, which sold really well on the PS3 and has that high of a metacritic average.  We'd rather look at this game as not a success, and continue playing Generic Shooter A, Madden 2020, and Traditional turned based JRPG 1,922,498, instead of praising a new IP for doing something different and what some would call innovative. 

So I am never going to defend the game again, and neither should you 

It's a success commercially, and critically, and that's all that matters.

Well...for random generic new IP A, 2m ltd+ is a big success.

For freakin' huge LBP, it's almost met expectations...but no quite.

Afterall, this was gonna be the game that changed gaming, that made other games worse by simply existing, and that would single handedly create a GotY and Sony's holiday lineup, all in one huge strike.

Unfortunately, it was Zack and Wiki with a lot more hype. Great game, if you're into that sort of thing, but most Playstation owners I know are back to World at War or MGS4 time challenges at this point. Certainly wasn't my GotY, and while the sales were great, you have to add the conditions "for a new IP" and "that is a PS3 exclusive" to that statement.

Critically it performed quite well...but didn't we expect that? Wasn't all your hype paid for with the expectations that the game only met, but didn't exceed? Also, honestly, isn't the game just a tad over-rated, when you look at the company it shares on gamerankings? Fanboyism aside here, what happened to the game is a travesty, but I warned you all when you hyped it up so much, that it had no where to go but down, and down it went.

You ever wanna hype a game like that again, you better be damn sure that it'll part water when it's released, or you should hang it up.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.