By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft dominating amazon charts, thread

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_ts_vg_nav/104-6604574-6816756?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=left-1&pf_rd_r=1JAGTZJFC6GGRMEMQJV9&pf_rd_t=2101&pf_rd_p=221591101&pf_rd_i=home

Currently:

1: Halo 3

2: Forza 2

3: Wii

4: PS3 60GB

5: Xbox360 Premium

6: Madden 08 360

7: PS3 wireless controller

8: Wii Nunchuck

9: Wii Play

10: Halo 3 Limited Edition

360 Premium has almost overtaken PS3 finally. Elite is currently #12 so if they were combined who knows how many places higher 360 would rank. Also two Halo3 sku's and two other 360 games in the top ten.

Anyway lets watch the price drop effects in this thread for a few days..Amazon charts are always super fun if somewhat meaningless in sales terms..

Around the Network

though i do love the news and love getting support for xbox =D

amazon is usually not the best place but hey who knows lets keep teh hopes up!

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Lost tears of Kain said:
though i do love the news and love getting support for xbox =D

amazon is usually not the best place but hey who knows lets keep teh hopes up!

Umm yeah dont take this as scientific and it will be fun.

Also I'm wondering if Core can make the top 100. It's currently #113.

Soriku said:
I'm just wondering what Microsoft can dish out after Halo 3.

Halo 4?

J/k...

Well when do you mean? This year 360 has Bioshock, Assassins Creed, Call of Duty 4, Mass Effect, Half Life 2 Orange Box, PGR4, Guitar Hero 3, Rock Band, and many, many, many more.

If you mean say, 2008, well, Alan Wake, Halo Wars, Gears of War 2, are some of the ones I know of, but ms hasn't shown a lot of 2008 lineup yet. 

50% of the top ten is hardly domination. The Wii and PS3 are higher up, how is this domination?

Around the Network

XBOX 360 UP TO #2

Amazon dropped price $20 which is really shooting it up. Halo 3 also shot up a bunch, I'd say pretty substansial sales on Amazon at least in the 1K range, if not more. I think the Xbox 360 Sales boost could be substansial.

Vote for Ron Paul 2008

Only Anti-War and Anti-Taxes Republican

Freedom is a message everyone can embrace!

Yeah, it would be good to see if Core+Premium+Elite > PS3 60gb + 80gb (still not released?)

Whatever, the fact that Xbox360 preimium is not RIGTH NOW on the top (1st) allow me to think that the price drop will not have an amazing effect.
Whatever, it may be sufficient to overtake the PS3 in NA.

(for memory PS3 60gb was 1st directly when the price drop happened)

Time to Work !

Go 360 show them who is boss!

mM

Interesting. It would be interesting to see how many UNITs Amazon is selling versus just numbers. Although it's 50%, it could be absolute, utter domination if everything was considered (or not).

What I mean is this:

Wii - 10,000 units @ #2
Playstation 3 60gb model - 8,000 units @ #3
Xbox 360 Premium - 7,000 units @ #4
Xbox 360 Elite - 4,000 units @ #12
Xbox 360 core - 750 units @ #112

That'd put the X360 at 11,750 vs. the Wii @ 10k. I'm just using this as a rough example. Either way, it's very good news for the X360 - even it was just Amazon. But time will tell (ie, Tuesday) if the price drop really did much. In my little world, I'm skeptical if a $50 price drop will really move a ton more units. I'd think it'll sell around 45,000~55,000 units a week from now on. However, it could wind up with 60k or more - that'd be great news for the X360.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

$329 for an Xbox 360 premium is quite a nice deal. No wonder they're selling tons of em!