By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "Bioshock 2 possibly a timed exclusive?"

PS3 owners won¡tbuy a game for full price when it's already a year old and the fact that the they probably already played the thing. If they release B2 on both the 360 and PS3, the 360 sales will be better but it will most likely sell over a million on the PS3.

Around the Network

It'll be on 360 first cause it's using the Unreal 3 engine and it takes more work to get it running on PS3

Great news for XBox 360. So Bioshock 2 will appear on PS3 12 months after it debuts on X360/PC. Excellent work MS.

I wont buy none of these, none of them. It's either they release them together or not at all.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
numonex said:
Great news for XBox 360. So Bioshock 2 will appear on PS3 12 months after it debuts on X360/PC. Excellent work MS.

LOL..you're just tryin see if you can piss a sensitive PS3 fanboy off

Around the Network

Here's the fly in the ointment - and purely my opinion. 2K knows the 360 - and will have the game ready for the 360 before the PS3 version. They are still having issues with it, right? And ... add to the fact that MS knows that BS1 was huge - and they are banking on that - plus a $199 price point. They will gladly spit $$$$ to struggling 2K Games. I tell you, they know they can make money off the 360 version and work during the timed exclusive on a better-looking PS3 version. They did it in the past with Sony - now it's MS's turn.

timed exclusivity would kill sales for the PS3 version. If they do that they can expect >500,000 sales. If they're released together I'd say over 1.5 million easy

Nah, I think it will be a same day release. PS3 gamers didn't want to pay 60 bucks for a game they could get for 30 bucks on 360/PC. If it had released at budget price, it would have sold a lot better. If it was a same day release, it would have sold a lot better.

I think BioShock taught them that timed exclusives are pointless, so I'm going to say same day release.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Bioshock appeared around 12 months later on PS3 after being launched on X360/PC. Maybe Bioshock 2 will repeat this trend. Timed exclusivity on XBox 360 is a possibility for Bioshock 2.

Yay! Fanboywars ammo!

Bioshock 2 - xbox 360 exclusive 2009! Spread the word!

Seriously though, I just want the damn game to come out! IDC what system it's on, it's the best new series i have played this gen!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive