By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will PS3 eventually pass 360?

Comrade Tovya said:

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Around the Network

We don't need Blu ray, DVD is enough for us.

according to a recent article on gamasutra, microsoft is breakign even on Xbox 360 and slowly startign to make minimal profit, sony is still loosing a lot of money on its hardware.
from that, i think that there is a small chance that the PS3 will have a price cut late 09, and will pass Xbox 360 during late 2010 to early 2011, but by then like most people said, xbox 720 will already be out. Also considering the coming of xbox 720, the price of 360 will fall again, so at the end of the day, sales of Ps3=xbox 360. (if microsoft doesnt kill the 360 like the did to the origional xbox)

@comrade tobya

he was attacking PS3 fanboys for their predictions

I was just pointing out Ps3 got its share of terrible predictions from wii fans & 360 fans...

I never said anything about the companies.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I predict that PS3 will take 2nd with the help of a price cut by the end of 2010, but both systems have great dev support all around so it wouldn't matter by then.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@comrade tobya

he was attacking PS3 fanboys for their predictions

I was just pointing out Ps3 got its share of terrible predictions from wii fans & 360 fans...

I never said anything about the companies.

Ah, gotcha sorry bro.  I'm a Sony-MS-Nintendo-all-in-one-fanboy myself, and I've made plenty of dumb predictions.

Probably my worst one was assuming that Nintendo's SD console would bomb... I suppose I still had a bad taste in my mouth from the N64 (which is still the worst console ever released by any company in my opinion).

I naturally assumed Sony would rule this generation because I was such a hardcore PS2 guy myself, and I didn't even think that Sony could blow their monopoly as bad as they did.  Although I still believe that the profits from Blu-ray over time will far out best the losses on of SCE this generation.  I just think it won't start to happen until players/BD get down to a price comparable to standard DVD (and of course when HD sets are the standard in everyone's home, which will happen soon enough).

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

darthdevidem01 said:
Ari_Gold said:
oh those ps3 fanboys make me LOL so hard

Do you want me to bump threads made by people like John Lucas proclaiming PS3's death & how it would die before MGS4 is released.

or threads by members like Soriku saying PS3 wouldn't cross 5 Million LTD in 07 n die soon after.

OH LOL @ those wii fanboys

how about we just not be so cruel as there are fools on all sides if we are going to be playing this game.

yea actually that would be real cool... though john lucas normally owns up to bad predictions, so he should have a thread saying he was wrong somewhere ...... old posts are fun..... i really hope this dose not get locked 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

goddog said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Ari_Gold said:
oh those ps3 fanboys make me LOL so hard

Do you want me to bump threads made by people like John Lucas proclaiming PS3's death & how it would die before MGS4 is released.

or threads by members like Soriku saying PS3 wouldn't cross 5 Million LTD in 07 n die soon after.

OH LOL @ those wii fanboys

how about we just not be so cruel as there are fools on all sides if we are going to be playing this game.

yea actually that would be real cool... though john lucas normally owns up to bad predictions, so he should have a thread saying he was wrong somewhere ...... old posts are fun..... i really hope this dose not get locked 

I doubt it will get locked as long as the thread continues to display intelligent conversation.  Once it becomes a thread of "bumps" and pointless jabber, it's a dead thread.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

I think the PS3 has a good chance at passing the 360. As the price comes down, more and more big games like Killzone 2, GT5, and God of War 2 come out, and as blu-ray penetrates the market more, the PS3 will see sales go up. More PS3's were sold in 2008 than 2007, and more will be sold in 2009 than 2008, and more will be sold in 2010 than in 2009. The system is one Sony could ride for 7 or 8 years without a new system because of its technology.

Say Microsoft releases their next system late 2010 and it costs $500. The PS3 by then will be down to $250, maybe even down to $200. Sony coud ride for two or three years with a relatively cheap system and be really successful. I really think that by 2016, even though Sony will have a new console out for a few years by then, the PS3 will be still be relavent in some form in the market. There will be no comparison between the logevity of the 360 and that of the PS3.

Yes, but the question is when, not will.