By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will PS3 eventually pass 360?

I'm sure a lot of the naysayers expected M$ to use some of that money. Instead they never cut price except in short term holiday deals and some bundles while Sony just kept pushing and pushing until they finally accomplished their goal. Cost them a bundle for bragging rights though.

Around the Network
anthony64641 said:
Only time will tell..

Out of curiosity, why are you bumping dead topics?

Panama said:
anthony64641 said:
Only time will tell..

I enjoy reading this. Iremember back then and at that time saying ps3 would pass 360 was going on a limb

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
Panama said:
anthony64641 said:
Only time will tell..

I enjoy reading this. Iremember back then and at that time saying ps3 would pass 360 was going on a limb

I just read the first few pages and virtually everybody was saying that the PS3 was going to pass the 360 in 2008.

don't we think its time we changed the thread title to,''when will ps3 pass wii''?

Around the Network

lol what a thread!!!

Look at all the haters who are not as vocal anymore and pretend to be ''neutral'' these days :P

Somini said:
lol what a thread!!!

Look at all the haters who are not as vocal anymore and pretend to be ''neutral'' these days :P

Most people in this thread said the PS3 would pass the 360, even Sales2099 (leader of the Xbox Nation) said it would happen eventually in his 2011 post.  They were saying it would pass in 2008, even!  Not a lot of haters.

d21lewis said:
Somini said:
lol what a thread!!!

Most people in this thread said the PS3 would pass the 360, even Sales2099 (leader of the Xbox Nation) said it would happen eventually in his 2011 post.  They were saying it would pass in 2008, even!  Not a lot of haters.

I'm talking about the ones who were flaming and crossing the years it "would've" happened.

Somini said:
d21lewis said:
Somini said:
lol what a thread!!!

I'm talking about the ones who were flaming and crossing the years it "would've" happened.

Ohy yeah.  Those guys!  I ran across a few of those skimming over this thread.  One guy even had 2013 crossed out and this was back in like 2011 or something.  I won't lie, though.  I was one of those guys that hoped it would never happen!  I wanted somebody to put arrogant Sony in their place.  I usually don't post in threads like this, though because I'm wrong like 95% of the time.