By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales: 12/08 - 12/14

At this rate Iwata will crowned Emperor of Japan. Nintendo is really cleaning up.

Around the Network
Neos said:

That's hilarious. haha.

Holy crap @ Nintendo in Japan.

PS3 holding well above 30,000...good stuff

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

ps3 above 30 is good
nintendo is untouchable

Wetcoaster said:
Neos said:

That's hilarious. haha.

Not only that, look at South Korea. I just caught it myself. That gif is just too funny.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
Wetcoaster said:
Neos said:

That's hilarious. haha.

Not only that, look at South Korea. I just caught it myself. That gif is just too funny.

Haha, I didn't even catch that. That's great.

The PS3 jump appears less because it was still falling from the PES boost

X360 boost wasn't too bad, wasn't it about 8-9k last week?

However, with the exception of DS, gaming is dieing in Japan.
Compared to same week last year:

Wii and PS3 are about 60% of 2007

PS2 is about 30%
PSP about 40%

X360 is the only one to improve, but only slightly and it's still not significant.

DS is managing about 90% of last year.

Looks like DS, PS3, Wii, PS2 will be down from 2007 in Japan. PSP and 360 up a bit but nowhere near to offset the losses of the others.

Wii 3.65m to 2.85m or so

PS3 1.25m to 900k or so (I'm betting a decent WKC boost given that it should top 100k week one)

That has to be somehwat alarming for Japanese developers. I suspect PSP2 may become the first system in Japan with a base over 5m to have graphics better than the Wii/GC/Xbox.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Next week we should see Sony hardware boost. Dissidia for PSP and Gundam Musou 2 for PS3.

samus aran rules said:
Bruno Muñoz B said:
Zlejedi said:
Did something important for Wii happened in Japan ?

I don't see massive releases so why it jumped that high while other consoles got only small boost ?

Probably due to the announcement of Dragon Quest X.

I think there are more factors in play. Didn´t 360 get a pricecut and bundles back in november and PS3 had a new version out also? I´m bad at these things when it comes to different models of consoles and such but I think this was the reason both 360 and PS3 saw earlier boosts as compared to Wii which had no "tweaks" done to it. This fact make it seem like the HD consoles are not getting boosts but it´s hidden by the facts I stated above. The HDconsole sales probably would have been lower in November if they wouldn´t have gotten this earlier boosts.

Also Nintendo usually have strong holidays I think and another factor is that they are the new marketleader this generation and the marketleader usually have bigger boosts during the holidays in Japan I think.

Sounds like resonable explanation

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB