By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to Lose $1.66 Billion U.S. - Six Time Greater Then Anticipated

whatever said:
Remember the days when the 360 was losing and we didn't have the constant 360 trolls like gebx, legend, and stickball posting so much?

Good times!

Trolls always come out of the caves when the sun is shining.

Around the Network

Threads like this one make the other threads talking about $100 PS3 price cuts laughable.

I have been saying all year that a price cut in 2008 was out of the question because Sony was trying to ensure a profit this fiscal year. Well, if this article is to be believed then we may not see a price cut for PS3 until *maybe* late 2009. As they may by further off than I thought on making profit from the PS3 hardware. I figured they would be about par by now.

One think I have always had an issue with Sony is its pricing. In regards to the PS3, its fair, it just has too much in it. In regards to other Sony products its a rip off.

Take their LCDs as an example. For awhile now Samsung has been producing their LCD screens, yet Sony sells a the same size tv with less features for more than the Samsung model. Its just ridicules and that is why Sony has been losing market share for years.

They built themselves up on lower priced, quality goods. Once their name was popular they started killing it off by over-priced average products.

DMeisterJ said:
kowenicki said:
Stop whining. Tired of what? This is new... er... news.

It is entirely appropriate to post this. If the stock analysts have finally woken up to the Sony situation too and they have moved them off their buy lists then its a worry.

The news is fine (well, the news isn't fine, but it's fine it's posted), the fact that is the problem is that gebx has some sort of horrible taste in his mouth for Sony and feels the need to post every piece of horrible news about Sony.

Surely this could have gone in one of the other billion or so negative Sony threads, there wasn't any need to post this in it's own thread.  We've been discussing Sony's financial situation in plenty of threads.  He could have taken ten seconds to site search for a thread, posted it in there and be done.  But you see, he's not trying to inform us of the news, he's trying to keep this negative propaganda alive and well.  That's the only way I can explain why instead of posting in one of th eother numerous threads concerning this, he'd post it in a whole new thread.  That's the difference between him, and other people who are posting the news.  At least they have the common decency to keep the clutter down of the litany of threads that are saying the same exact thing... But then, why would I expect decency from gebx?  It seems I need to lower my expxectations of him.

I do buy Sony products.. I enjoy their earbuds, I owned a Sony Mp3 Walkman, my last stereo system was a Sony...

But as you would say in your threads - This is of-topic, please stop trolling and keep to the subject!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Remember when the marketshare of Windows dropped to 89.9%? There were at least three threads about it.

Now Sony has to report a sixtime greater loss than anticipated and it is a sin to talk about it?

So I say: NICE read.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
kowenicki said:

It is entirely appropriate to post this. If the stock analysts have finally woken up to the Sony situation too and they have moved them off their buy lists then its a worry.

The news is fine (well, the news isn't fine, but it's fine it's posted), the fact that is the problem is that gebx has some sort of horrible taste in his mouth for Sony and feels the need to post every piece of horrible news about Sony.

Surely this could have gone in one of the other billion or so negative Sony threads, there wasn't any need to post this in it's own thread.  We've been discussing Sony's financial situation in plenty of threads.  He could have taken ten seconds to site search for a thread, posted it in there and be done.  But you see, he's not trying to inform us of the news, he's trying to keep this negative propaganda alive and well.  That's the only way I can explain why instead of posting in one of th eother numerous threads concerning this, he'd post it in a whole new thread.  That's the difference between him, and other people who are posting the news.  At least they have the common decency to keep the clutter down of the litany of threads that are saying the same exact thing... But then, why would I expect decency from gebx?  It seems I need to lower my expxectations of him.

Isn't propoganda something that is usually a rumor and spread to persuade someone by giving them a perceived bad image of something?

The only problem with that is this story is true.  And DMeisterJ, I'm not trying to pick on you, but every time you post now, you add a lot of emotion and insult, thus falling into what you describe in your signature.

nightsurge said:
DMeisterJ said:
kowenicki said:

Isn't propoganda something that is usually a rumor and spread to persuade someone by giving them a perceived bad image of something?

The only problem with that is this story is true.  And DMeisterJ, I'm not trying to pick on you, but every time you post now, you add a lot of emotion and insult, thus falling into what you describe in your signature.

I do fall into my signature, I've never said I haven't. 

The problem isn't that it's true, the problem is what I stated.  >_>

Gebx google search: 12-16-2008

1. die sony die
2. erection/sony/doom
3. ps3 bomb
4.lbp real life dolls
5. nude pics of psrock

you got some explaining to do sir.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Damstr8 said:
Sony loosing money for their gamers,gotta love 'em.

Yep, it's always been about the gamers. The gamers were their first priority when they released a $600 console.

kowenicki said:
whatever said:
Remember the days when the 360 was losing and we didn't have the constant 360 trolls like gebx, legend, and stickball posting so much?

Good times!

losing?  leading by less you mean???

You know what he means.