By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to Lose $1.66 Billion U.S. - Six Time Greater Then Anticipated

How much do you figure is from the gaming sector?

Around the Network

lol ^_^

Seriously stop with that doom and gloom thing, ps3 will be fine if the economy gets better and it finally gets a price cut.

To all those blaming the OP for posting that news: this is completely off-topic. Could you please send him a private message or something. There are about only 20 on-topic replies to this thread. You may not like that news but it's certainly of more interest than the Sony is doomed articles. I mean that news has repercussion on Sony's stock.

I, for one, am extremely mixed about that because I thought of buying Sony stock because it's so cheap right now. However, I fear that Sony stock will take a long time to return to its 2007 level. We have heard a lot about Sony needing to change its business model and I completely agree with that. Sony could do like Apple 3 to 4 years ago, that is overcharging for slightly better products but I think the competition is a lot stronger today (Samsung, Toshiba, LG, Panasonic, Vizio, etc.).

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

ElectroRocker said:
lol ^_^

Seriously stop with that doom and gloom thing, ps3 will be fine if the economy gets better and it finally gets a price cut.

I think the point is that, good economy or bad, Sony can't afford to lose even more money on the PS3 than it already loses per unit sold.  Say they drop the price by $100 for 2009 -- that means they'd lose $1 billion more money in 2009 than they would otherwise.  That would be devestating.

psrock said:
Sony losing money turns you on, admit it. Hey, we all have our fetishes.

I love this post, especially with the avatar next to it.

Around the Network
nightsurge said:

Although Sony's business covers a wide range of electronics aside from the PlayStation 3, such as Bravia televisions, analysts dinged the company for high operating costs that hamper its ability to compete in numerous arenas, an issue frequently noted in analysis surrounding the PS3's high-end price.

So very true.  I mean, you go to walmart and most 42" HDTV's are around $900-1000.  Then you see the Sony Bravia at like $1300+.  You can get 50" HDTV's for the price of Sony's 42-46" range.  Seems like consumers will choose the Philips or Vizio or even Panasonic when it is $300-400 less.

Thats what happened when I went and got my New HD TV.. hmmm get a 37" Sony or a 42" Samsung that both look awsome. We got the Samsung and it is such a lovely TV. No regrets not paying more for the same size tv from Sony.

"Leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game company’s, who don't know or care about you!"

DMeisterJ said:
whatever said:
Remember the days when the 360 was losing and we didn't have the constant 360 trolls like gebx, legend, and stickball posting so much?

Good times!

Trolls always come out of the caves when the sun is shining.

Evidently they come out in the dark too.

I'm somewhat responsible for this news.
I've not bought anything Sony in past 5 years.
Not planning to either.
I've had very bad luck with Sony products, that's all.

I still wish someone would post that damn joker pic :P

OT. YEAH SONY, YOU LOSE MONEY,,, RAWR... SONY SUCKS~

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

By the way guys, this is a sales site so I thank Geb and consider it a service to post stories about the business of gaming.