By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to Lose $1.66 Billion U.S. - Six Time Greater Then Anticipated

lol...there are now 7 pages of postings...seems like Gebx was right to post this topic.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

As a 360 owner, I find Gebx posts rather informative and posted in good taste. Continue your awesome job Gebx! Don't listen to the haters!

What are you looking at, nerd?

There are a lot of people trying to kill the messenger in this thread...

It doesn't change the facts.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

TheBigFatJ said:

Sony's biggest issue is that they don't make their own panels.  They use Sharp panels last I researched it.  And both Samsung and Toshiba make their own and often make better ones.

Sony has joint venture with Samsung on LCD panel production

Nice to know the news gebx. Discussion: so? I think GM and Chrysler are doing far worse :P

Around the Network
madskillz said:
I don't see the point in bashing GeBX or anyone for posting news. I could see if it was from some no-name blog but this news - and the other news he has posted - are from newspapers, networks and the like. I never listen to corporate spin - I look at the results. Anyone on this site has seen the numbers and can see Sony has lost its grip - and continues to slide. This news is just confirming it. Depressing? How so? Some folks on here act like the PS3 is their significant other. Maybe so, and I am depressed at you then.

Seriously, see your console for what it is - a way to provide entertainment. You made the choice to buy it - so enjoy it, regardless of what kind of news it is getting. I still like my HD DVD - watched 'V for Vendetta' last night, and only wish they hadn't bowed out so soon. Regardless, that's life. You deal with the loss and move on.

Lastly, Sony's financial news - as well as MS and Ninny's financial news - needs to be posted. Propaganda is cherry-picked news for folks who can't bare to hear the truth. I want real news - even if my console/format/brand is suffering. People have a right to know if the console/company they are thinking about supporting will be in business - or bad financial straits. Sorry if you think it's trolling, but maybe you should seek out propaganda - or fair and balanced news.

I have a $400 investment in Sony - that's it. If it tanks, so what. It's not the end of the world and life will go on.

You should adopt my sig.

thats not good for sony

Sounds like from his ban that he was tricked into admitting it on someone else's wall. Regardless of his reasons, the news is still news, it is still NEW news that wasn't posted a million times, and just because it is negative the mods call it trolling and then ban him? Oh and I haven't exactly seen "dozens" of threads started by GebX unless we are going back a few months. Sounds like a console biased mod.

If anything, the mods should be banning these people who only thrash out at GebX and offer nothing to any of his threads.  He posts news.  Even if he has some nack for only posting negative Sony news, its news.  If you are upset about it, go find positive Sony news and post it... unfortunately right now there isn't much positive news so basically any Sony news post will be negative.

DMeisterJ said:
... You should read my sig.

Please, no one quote me and tell me to read my own sig. I know what it says and I wrote it. >_>

If you're not even going to pay attention to your own sig, why should anyone else care to read it?

I'm just going to quote Grampy (who made the most sence of this thread):

"I have very mixed feelings. I have no criticism for anyone posting this. It is news and relevant news since it reflects on Sony's ability to respond aggressively with either new development or pricing. It even casts a bit of a shadow on their long term viability. Maybe some want to believe that Sony took a bullet for gamers, but I seriously doubt that the gaming division is anywhere near that big in their scheme of things. It would be thrown overboard in a heartbeat if necessary for the good of the company.
A lot of the injury is self inflicted. Corporate leadership at all levels has not been that much in evidence there of late. Bad judgment calls, some incredible PR gaffs. I still haven’t gotten over their “we don’t care about the elders” crack.

Who’s at the wheel? Everyone knows that if a technology team is given carte blanche to develop their ultimate dream machine that the result will be magnificent, impressive and unlikely to ever make a dime.

I honestly hope they get it together because a lot of neat stuff wouldn’t be as neat if Sony had never existed. It’s like Ishtar runs a corporation."

Well done, sir.

Currently Playing:
Resistance 2 Co-op (anyone call for a Medic?)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC)
F.E.A.R. (PC)

Currently Ignoring:
My 360 and Wii.