By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to Lose $1.66 Billion U.S. - Six Time Greater Then Anticipated

You don't think you're being even a little disingenous? I don't see why you guys love these companies so much.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

I have very mixed feelings. I have no criticism for anyone posting this. It is news and relevant news since it reflects on Sony's ability to respond aggressively with either new development or pricing. It even casts a bit of a shadow on their long term viability. Maybe some want to believe that Sony took a bullet for gamers, but I seriously doubt that the gaming division is anywhere near that big in their scheme of things. It would be thrown overboard in a heartbeat if necessary for the good of the company.
A lot of the injury is self inflicted. Corporate leadership at all levels has not been that much in evidence there of late. Bad judgment calls, some incredible PR gaffs. I still haven’t gotten over their “we don’t care about the elders” crack.

Who’s at the wheel? Everyone knows that if a technology team is given carte blanche to develop their ultimate dream machine that the result will be magnificent, impressive and unlikely to ever make a dime.

I honestly hope they get it together because a lot of neat stuff wouldn’t be as neat if Sony had never existed. It’s like Ishtar runs a corporation.

FishyJoe said:
alephnull said:
NJ5 said:
alephnull said:
I find it interesting that we are now 11 pages in an noone has thought it relevant that Sony's stock actually closed higher today than yesterday.

A much lower rise than the market in general. In earlier Japanese trading, Sony fell 5.87% while the market fell only 1.1%.

Also YoY it's down 61% while the Japanese market in general is 43% down.

It's underperforming in other words.

You don't think you're being even a little disingenous? I don't see why you guys love these companies so much.

You're the one being disingenous when you make a reference to a small one day gain and call it relevant.

The theoretically any information contained in the report should now be priced into the market if you believe (and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if you did) in perfect market theory. The argument has nothing to do with your favorite matra which I dare not repeat as it irritates the living hell out of me. Not that I believe in that nonsense, but many do and I feel it more constructive to argue within their axioms than my own. Now, if there weren't half a dozen posts citing the 5% drop in price, it would have been disingenous of me to bring it up as proof of anything. By the way when are you going to criticise the article for referencing a "small" one-day decline. I say "small" since the gain erased the decline and then some and you consider it "small", then the decline must also be "small".

I actually think the forecast is highly plausible. I just think that you could care less that it's plausible as long as it confirms some deeply held belief of yours.

The other guy did it, so I did it, is not much of a defense.

I don't see the point in bashing GeBX or anyone for posting news. I could see if it was from some no-name blog but this news - and the other news he has posted - are from newspapers, networks and the like. I never listen to corporate spin - I look at the results. Anyone on this site has seen the numbers and can see Sony has lost its grip - and continues to slide. This news is just confirming it. Depressing? How so? Some folks on here act like the PS3 is their significant other. Maybe so, and I am depressed at you then.

Seriously, see your console for what it is - a way to provide entertainment. You made the choice to buy it - so enjoy it, regardless of what kind of news it is getting. I still like my HD DVD - watched 'V for Vendetta' last night, and only wish they hadn't bowed out so soon. Regardless, that's life. You deal with the loss and move on.

Lastly, Sony's financial news - as well as MS and Ninny's financial news - needs to be posted. Propaganda is cherry-picked news for folks who can't bare to hear the truth. I want real news - even if my console/format/brand is suffering. People have a right to know if the console/company they are thinking about supporting will be in business - or bad financial straits. Sorry if you think it's trolling, but maybe you should seek out propaganda - or fair and balanced news.

I have a $400 investment in Sony - that's it. If it tanks, so what. It's not the end of the world and life will go on.

Around the Network

Sony is screwed as of late. It is a huge company but it cant bear the burden of huge financial losses for long. Their Gaming Dept has traditionally been one of their money making ones, but this has changed recently. Sony wont fold but it will have to reevaluate its position in the markets.

PC World is blaming the sagging HDTV sales as the reason for PS3 numbers.

This is relevant information so I don't see where you guys come off attacking the original poster. I saw this news this morning and was thinking of posting it but I didn't have the spare time. God forbid someone post bad news against Sony.

I remember a time when Sony was the "Vizio" of its time. People seem to forget that Sony got its start being a cheaply made value product. And I think that is where it needs to return to. I honestly do not know how they have made it this long.

As a poster above me stated, put a Vizio and a Sony next to each other and see the picture quality. My sister owns a Vizio and my father owns a Sony and we have actually tried this. And there is little to no difference. The vizio is nearly a year newer than the Sony but it cost nearly a grand less. When people come off ill informed they end up buying these more expensive models just because of the name. With the tuff economic times ahead Sony will only continue to post huge losses, esp.... while the yen is so high.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Ok, gebx... I'm hoping your familiar with Fox News - I'm also hoping your familiar with the concept of shock interjection, but it doesn't do any society a common good to generate profit through abusing the pathos of others.

The snow ball being their is no ones fault if someone pushes it down the hill then someone is in the wrong.

If I were feeling any way about this article, my advice would be to take up smoking, go outside and light up a few, then come back in... in the end the world will thank me.

^_^

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Whoa! :O That's crazy.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046