By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Possible God of War 3 announcement AND Kingdom Hearts game for PS3

I disagree with the idea that most Wii owners didn't own a PS2. Everyone I know who has or intends to buy a Wii has a PS2. It's as mainstream as any console has ever been!

Around the Network

Well all people that I know that have a PS2 are planning to buy a PS3 (or stopped gaming :P), no Wii at all (for various reasons).

mitsuhide said:
Wow Mis-info filled to EXTREME.
@ClaudeLv250
FFVersusXIII isnt a follow on from FFXIII its just set in the same universe.....thats all thats the same the characters are different,FFXIII is full on RPG FFVersusXIII is an Action/RPG,FFXIII uses the WhiteEngine FFVersusXIII also uses the WhiteEngine thats pretty much where the similaritys end.

I never said it was, so why are you telling me this...?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Soriku said:
Zuhyc said:
I seriously doubt a Wii version. First of all, SE has a great PS3 engine. Second, all the KH fans own the PS2, and when the price of the PS3 will drop more PS2 owners will jump over to the PS3.
Most Wii owners never played the previous KH games because:
1) they're mainstream people like your sister, your parents
2) they have owned the previous nintendo consoles and no PS2.

Keep in mind that the KH story is one that continues, you wouldn't understand the story if you haven't played the previous games.

Remakes/ports to Wii anyone?

You know what soriku I am  tired, Im tired of your fanboyish BS you've been spreadin in these forums. You are the worst I have seen since gballzack and that blue guy, the topic is POSSIBLE GOW3 AND KH GAME FOR PS3 Annoucnement, Not THE WII IS GOING TO GET A PORT OR GET THE WHOLE SERIES BECAUSE YOU FEEL LIKE IT ANNOUCEMENT.

mM
leo-j said:
Soriku said:
Zuhyc said:
I seriously doubt a Wii version. First of all, SE has a great PS3 engine. Second, all the KH fans own the PS2, and when the price of the PS3 will drop more PS2 owners will jump over to the PS3.
Most Wii owners never played the previous KH games because:
1) they're mainstream people like your sister, your parents
2) they have owned the previous nintendo consoles and no PS2.

Keep in mind that the KH story is one that continues, you wouldn't understand the story if you haven't played the previous games.

Remakes/ports to Wii anyone?

You know what soriku I am tired, Im tired of your fanboyish BS you've been spreadin in these forums. You are the worst I have seen since gballzack and that blue guy, the topic is POSSIBLE GOW3 AND KH GAME FOR PS3 Annoucnement, Not THE WII IS GOING TO GET A PORT OR GET THE WHOLE SERIES BECAUSE YOU FEEL LIKE IT ANNOUCEMENT.

Meh, the topic pretty much ended when everyone pointed out the screenshot was fake.  Now people are just having random pointless conversations.  I would join in but I really don't care about KH or God of War 3 (which hasn't been announced yet even though everyone loves to act like it has).

Around the Network

i hope it doesn't go to the wii, i wouldn't like to play a button smasher game with a wii mote.

where is all this KH exclusive to Wii coming from??? The only news about Disney making games for the Wii was that they were opening up a new studio. KH3 will br done by SquareEnix, SE is not exclusive to anyone but favors sony products the most since switching to CD format. Disney is not going to keep their patents or trademarks away from any of the three companies. They have an exclusive commitment with Sony to keep disney movies on BluRay, they made a deal to release many old and new HD movies on Xboxlive and formed a new game studio to make games like HanaMontana, and chicken little for nintendo. Disney has very little say about the actual game development of KingdomHearts, they never did to begin with. Game developement is soley on SquareEnix's part, disney just oversees the Voiceovers and Disney character developement. Anyone who thinks Disney knows squat on how to make a decent games (such as KH) is completely out of their minds. I'm not saying KH will stay sony exclusive, but the people that are blabbering about how the series will go nintendo exclusive just b/c disney opened a new low end studio to make games for nintendo is just plain BS. None of this is confirmed, so stop trying to spread BS rumors from nothing.

bbsin said:
1)where is all this KH exclusive to Wii coming from??? The only news about Disney making games for the Wii was that they were opening up a new studio. KH3 will br done by SquareEnix, SE is not exclusive to anyone but favors sony products the most since switching to CD format. Disney is not going to keep their patents or trademarks away from any of the three companies. They have an exclusive commitment with Sony to keep disney movies on BluRay, they made a deal to release many old and new HD movies on Xboxlive and formed a new game studio to make games like HanaMontana, and chicken little for nintendo. 2)Disney has very little say about the actual game development of KingdomHearts, they never did to begin with. Game developement is soley on SquareEnix's part, disney just oversees the Voiceovers and Disney character developement. Anyone who thinks Disney knows squat on how to make a decent games (such as KH) is completely out of their minds. 3)I'm not saying KH will stay sony exclusive, but the people that are blabbering about how the series will go nintendo exclusive just b/c disney opened a new low end studio to make games for nintendo is just plain BS. None of this is confirmed, so stop trying to spread BS rumors from nothing.

1) It's all speculation, but SE doesn't "favor" Sony products, they favor the market leader. If they favored Sony products then their handheld development wouldn't be OVERWHELMINGLY in support of the DS. PSP has seen nothing but ports from SE, an FF7 prequel and an FF fighter. SE has and will ditch a platform when they can. The only reason they were developing on Wonderswan was because they were still at odds with Nintendo. As soon as Yamauchi was gone and they patched things up, Square took a nice steamy dump on the Wonderswan Color by canceling their FF3 project and hightailing it to the GBA. Years later, that FF3 revival shows up on the DS...

2) Actually, Dinsey not only owns all the original characters but they have every say in the development, they just choose not to. After all, they made the agreement with Square to make the game in the first place, it wouldn't make sense for them to try and take over development halfway through. That would kind of make Square pointless. On the other hand, they can and have made KH games without Square at all. KH mobile was all Disney. Nomura even warned beforehand that it could happen and to ignore the storylines of games he wasn't involved in. Because of that, KHMobile is completely non-canon to the KH franchise (for those wondering, KHM was set during KH1, so it was a midquel). So, Disney isn't going to jeopardize the quality of the main series but they've clearly demonstrated that they have no qualms making their own KH games on the side.

3) You need to calm down. No one's trying to spread rumors. Like I said before, everything in this thread is nothing but speculation. Nobody's trying to pass KH on Wii off as factual. The fact of the matter is, though, that the people arguing that Disney's recent fascination with Nintendo platforms having an implication on KH3 is a much better argument than those people that claim no one with a PS2 is going to buy a Wii, or that people will be confused if KH3 isn't on PS3.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

"1) It's all speculation, but SE doesn't "favor" Sony products, they favor the market leader. If they favored Sony products then their handheld development wouldn't be OVERWHELMINGLY in support of the DS. PSP has seen nothing but ports from SE, an FF7 prequel and an FF fighter. SE has and will ditch a platform when they can. The only reason they were developing on Wonderswan was because they were still at odds with Nintendo. As soon as Yamauchi was gone and they patched things up, Square took a nice steamy dump on the Wonderswan Color by canceling their FF3 project and hightailing it to the GBA. Years later, that FF3 revival shows up on the DS..."

Really, the market leader?? so i suppose Sony was the market leader when Squaresoft decided to dump nintendo due to the transition from cartridge to CD??? and i suppose that you also think SquareEnix is going to halt developement on FF13 and FF13:versus so they can just release it on the Wii?? Nintendo IS the market leader right now arent they??? Hrmmm, but there's also the point that sony has the 4th most shares in SquareEnix..but i guess that doesn't mean that Sony has ANY influence on what's going on.. And as far as the PSP, you talk as if a prequel to the most popular and best selling FF franchise is second rate material...

Now don't get me wrong, even a child can see that if sales continue to slide for the PS3, SquareEnix may end up putting an axe through any PS3 developement. But don't you think their commitment as far as their flagship titles still being PS3 exclusives, the total opposite to favoring the market leader. I mean c'mon,lets look at the facts, the PS3 has the lowest install base of any of the platforms that is availible for Square to even make games on. Yet SquareEnix has developed an engine that will solely be on the PS3.

"2) Actually, Dinsey not only owns all the original characters but they have every say in the development, they just choose not to. After all, they made the agreement with Square to make the game in the first place, it wouldn't make sense for them to try and take over development halfway through. That would kind of make Square pointless. On the other hand, they can and have made KH games without Square at all. KH mobile was all Disney. Nomura even warned beforehand that it could happen and to ignore the storylines of games he wasn't involved in. Because of that, KHMobile is completely non-canon to the KH franchise (for those wondering, KHM was set during KH1, so it was a midquel). So, Disney isn't going to jeopardize the quality of the main series but they've clearly demonstrated that they have no qualms making their own KH games on the side. "

Disney does not own ALL the original characters, atleast not anymore than SquareEnix. Both Square AND Disney have published the games in the past, but you are correct and said it best. I was wrong to say that disney had "no say", that came out wrong. what i meant to say was that Disney role in terms of actual game development was minimal as they left that to SquareEnix. Disney's involvement with the series seemed very much like they just allowed squareenix to use disney's original property and studios so they could recieve their cut of the check at days end. which was the right choice since i doubt Disney would be as dumb as to tinker around with a multimillion dollar franchise out of nowhere when everything was fine to begin with but like you said, if they wanted to they could. Bottom line is that KH is a joint project between BOTH disney and square, disney is not the boss of squareenix nor do they completely own the KH franchise and the same goes for squareenix. They will both have to agree on what platform the third game will be on, unless disney wants to put out a game without squareenix characters.

"3) You need to calm down. No one's trying to spread rumors. Like I said before, everything in this thread is nothing but speculation. Nobody's trying to pass KH on Wii off as factual. The fact of the matter is, though, that the people arguing that Disney's recent fascination with Nintendo platforms having an implication on KH3 is a much better argument than those people that claim no one with a PS2 is going to buy a Wii, or that people will be confused if KH3 isn't on PS3."

I am as calm as tree....however,,, YOU were the one saying the game was coming to the Wii in the first place. And like I said before, the point that disney has a recent interest in the nintendo Wii is hardly anything solid. One can argue that disney has solid relations with all 3 of the nextgen consoles due to their recent distribution moves. I would also like to remind you that i'm not ruling out KH3 on anyother platform . It is a possibility, and a respectable one, i just want to make sure people don't read into the whole KH3 on the Wii too much to where heavy speculation turns into another rumor.

The game will go to whatever platform Square Enix believes that they can make the most money on ...

If they started development 12 months ago that platform would be the PS3, if they started development today it would probably be the Nintendo DS or Wii, and if they start development in 12 months it could (theoritically) be any of the consoles. Square Enix was one of the companies which were most vocal about the PS3's price tag being way too high and would potentially have no problem starting development on other platforms if they saw the poor sales as a long term condition.