By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What console do you think will sell the most units by the end of this gen?

Wii

Around the Network
Gearbox said:
the 360 doesnt have a chance for second imo. i think the wii will be around 75 mil at best, ps3 prolly at 80

How do you figure that?  The 360 has a better chance at being second than the PS3 does at being first.

Wii is going to win by far, but not like the 75% marketshare PS2 ended up with.
PS3 has a great chance on surpass X360 with pricecuts but I don't think it will end far ahead (in another words, by more than 10-15 million units).

marciosmg said:

Really? Do you see how much the wii has been selling? and the PS3?

Do you really think that PS3 will suddenly skyrocket and the Wii will die off?

It is not going to happen, the Wii (even though it's not a console I want) is the new cultural choice. People from core gamers to people who never picked up a controller in their lifes want it.

Specially the 2nd group is reason alone to know that the Wii will win. The PS3 will never cater to that audience.

Like I said, beating 360, maybe. Wii, no way. Even though, I would like to, it's not gonna happen.

QTF!

PS3 will I still think.

Sony has a 10 year plan and PS3 will sell until that 10 years is up just like PS2 is on pace to do.

Once the Wii 2 is out in 3 or 4 years the original Wii won't sell anymore.

Around the Network

lol joke thread?

the wii of course

coolestguyever said:
PS3 will I still think.

Sony has a 10 year plan and PS3 will sell until that 10 years is up just like PS2 is on pace to do.

Once the Wii 2 is out in 3 or 4 years the original Wii won't sell anymore.

True how ever 360 will be out 1 day longer than the PS3 and it can only get cheaper,even if the PS3 was 200$ the 360 arcade can go to 100 or even 80$,MS has always been on step ahead.

This guy is the embodiment of optimism...or delusion. The Wii is going to sell the most systems. The PS3 may surpass the 360 in sales, but I am dubious about that.

Wow so many crazed fanboys, Wii will sell more than the PS2, even at the low end of sales, even with no sales boost, it'll be past the PS2 within four years.

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I thought I had seen the last of these threads. Guess I was wrong. At this point in time, I wonder about the sanity of anyone that thinks the Wii won't finish in first place. It's outselling both HD consoles combined while being supply constrained and having no price cut.

The race for second is still up in the air. I still think the 360 takes second. With currency issues restricting Sony, my view on the second place race is further solidified. If Sony can't find a way to cut the price in the first quarter of next year, they are going to have a hard time catching the 360.

As for anyone still going for the 10 years life cycle nonsense, I hate to break it to you but it isn't happening. The PS1 and PS2 were very successful, the PS3 is not. Once the PS4 launches in the 2011/12 time frame, PS3 support will dry up faster than a drop of water in the desert.