By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Am I the only one who uses Google Chrome?

Well, for me it's great as a secondary browser, but as a primary browser, no add-ons is a no go for me, I'll stick to Firefox which I like very much. Still, Chrome is a very competent browser, and an excellent first try from Google, but it doesn't do what I want as good as FF (I need my Add-on-I-can't-mention, Noscript, Rinkaichan, Google Translator add-on (GTranslate), Search Bar, etc.)

Around the Network

One of the few. I don't use it because FF is more stable and Chrome has ad rootkits, no addons, and obscene RAM usage for each tab as each is a singe browser for recovery. It is, imo, crap.

I use Chrome back home. I use Safari at work.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

I don't, I use Firefox.

My younger brother uses Chrome though and he likes it.

PC Gamer

I dont like the idea of not being able to opt out of updates.... thus i do not use chrome

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

Well I own it but I only use it as a back up browser incase anything happens to Firefox or Internet Explorer.

goddog said:
I dont like the idea of not being able to opt out of updates.... thus i do not use chrome

Dear god I wish all browsers forced updates.  Developing for different browser versions is a biatch.  Looking mainly at M$ here.

EDIT: I just had to manually go to the update section and select to update.  Were you forced?

I have Google Chrome and I choose IE7

JaggedSac said:
goddog said:

Dear god I wish all browsers forced updates.  Developing for different browser versions is a biatch.  Looking mainly at M$ here.

it wouldnt be as much of an issue if ms stayed within the protocalls laid out for browsers..... I think safari took it too far, but still .... I blame MS for all the issues with the web at the moment in terms of browser issues 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

goddog said:
JaggedSac said:
goddog said:

it wouldnt be as much of an issue if ms stayed within the protocalls laid out for browsers..... I think safari took it too far, but still .... I blame MS for all the issues with the web at the moment in terms of browser issues 

True, and even if M$'s IE8 completely follows standards, a large portion of the people do not upgrade their browsers.  So you still have to program for different versions.  All this extra functionality of RIAs and such is being shoe horned into HTML anyway.  Wasn't meant for this kind of stuff.  There should be a shift.