By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Am I the only one who uses Google Chrome?

I use it all the time for its speed, despite some minor bug. What appaled me was the simplicity of interface, which I hate in IE/FF without taking away every single bar.

Around the Network

I have it on my Windows partition on my lappy, and I use it when I want to do quick browsing, but don't need the extra features that Firefox add-ons offer

I still use Netscape, but im crazy. Firefox for back up.

Chrome is still in beta so im happy waiting

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I hate the font anti-aliasing in Chrome, it may be pedantic, but it makes websites look like they are 10 years old. I still have it installed, but never really use it.

I still use IE7, I don't care what anyone says, it works fine for me. I just can't get used to Firefox, I don't get the big deal.

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

indodude said:

Am I the only one? I hope not.

Tried it, didn't liked it... and I think Google will rapidly turn it into a data gatherer system...

Firefox  rules...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network

I hope you are the only one since it's just another form of google spyware just like gmail or even worse.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi, you cannot just say that without any evidence.

First off

Google annonymises user search data after 6 months
Yahoo " 13 months
MS " 18 months

If I know anything about which number is bigger than the other number :P

Second of all, the Google Chrome EULA was initially very bad, due to an administrative error, they changed this as soon as they noticed it, and it is now in line with other browsers

Come on, give me something concrete that Chrome or Gmail do that you don't like, it's quite hard to respond to someone who just blurts out what they've been told, without actually going into detail

goddog said:
Viper1 said:
goddog said:
sorry for the offtopic, but am i the only one who has noticed that FF has become increasingly unstable? even with no plug ins.. and leaking memory everywhere

FF2 early on had some stability issues but FF3 has been a rock.

If you're getting RAM leaks, check your add ons (if you ahve any) or update your Java.

no add ons due to stability issues (took them all of and clean installed it) and java is up to date... i dunno ff2 and 3 havent been good to me im thinking of downgrading to 1 if i can final a final version of it

You might have some system issues that could be causing FF problems.   I've never known anyone to have stability problems from FF2 and FF3 unless their computer had problems to start with.

What's your system specs, security programs and OS?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

scottie said:
Zlejedi, you cannot just say that without any evidence.

Second of all, the Google Chrome EULA was initially very bad, due to an administrative error, they changed this as soon as they noticed it, and it is now in line with other browsers

Come on, give me something concrete that Chrome or Gmail do that you don't like, it's quite hard to respond to someone who just blurts out what they've been told, without actually going into detail

I don't need more evidence than initial Chrome EULA and I actually belive that Iraq mass destructions weapons were closer to truth than google administrative error.

And if you need more read this:

http://www.google.com/privacy.html    - which basically comes down to user oriented data mining for purposes of targeted ads.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

The only thing keeping me from using Google Chrome is:

1) no support for linux
2) severe performance reduction when running shockwave (which nowadays is almost every site)

Maybe #2 has changed recently, but I would prefer an option to turn off shockwave. But it seems to me that Chrome is going to be the next big browser. It's ability to let one tab crash without crashing the entire browser is reason enough to use it. As for the lack of plugins, as one person mentioned, keep in mind that it is still beta.