By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Am I the only one who uses Google Chrome?

@ Senlis - no support for linux... yet. They're working on it :P

@ Zlejedi - so you're basing it off something that is no longer true? bravo :P And yes, they data mine and use that to give you ads that will actually interest you. No human ever reads this information and after 6 months it is made anonymous. Where's the problem?

Around the Network

Yeah I was gonna download it. Then I found out there's no Mac version yet. :'(

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I'm trying it right now... and hating it.

Firefox =)

Didn't like Chrome. Specially the part about booting into windows to run it.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

I'm done with Firefox. I'll take the speed of Chrome, any day.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Around the Network
Senlis said:
The only thing keeping me from using Google Chrome is:

1) no support for linux
2) severe performance reduction when running shockwave (which nowadays is almost every site)

Maybe #2 has changed recently, but I would prefer an option to turn off shockwave. But it seems to me that Chrome is going to be the next big browser. It's ability to let one tab crash without crashing the entire browser is reason enough to use it. As for the lack of plugins, as one person mentioned, keep in mind that it is still beta.

My mind is literally boggled by your second claim. We must be going to entirely different sites, because I have had this computer for roughly six months, and I still haven't installed a shockwave plugin. When I see a site that requires it, I just laugh, and make fun of that site, because  Shockwave is so 90s.

My 2 cents. Chrome is great. Back when it first started it didn't support a couple video players (Like the Zero Punctuation player), so I would have to switch back to Firefox, and it was noticeably slower and crashier. Also, the downloader for Chrome is a work of art.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

Barozi said:
Why should I switch from Firefox to Google Chrome ???

logical error

Because chrome is faster and crashes less :3

I only use it at school, much better than IE.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I use it pretty much most of the time now. at least more than FF and IE.

I have it but i don't use it very often.
pichu killed the thread!

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||