By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Am I the only one who uses Google Chrome?

@jagged sac, yea.. i dont have the option not to auto update..... though i do have the option to update if it has not checked for an update. I dont know when it looks, i thought it was every start up but maybe its not..

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
goddog said:
JaggedSac said:
goddog said:
I dont like the idea of not being able to opt out of updates.... thus i do not use chrome

Dear god I wish all browsers forced updates.  Developing for different browser versions is a biatch.  Looking mainly at M$ here.

it wouldnt be as much of an issue if ms stayed within the protocalls laid out for browsers..... I think safari took it too far, but still .... I blame MS for all the issues with the web at the moment in terms of browser issues 

True, and even if M$'s IE8 completely follows standards, a large portion of the people do not upgrade their browsers.  So you still have to program for different versions.  All this extra functionality of RIAs and such is being shoe horned into HTML anyway.  Wasn't meant for this kind of stuff.  There should be a shift.

a large number of corporate customers dont update, because software they use requires specific parts of nonstandard IE parts... where i work it has to be IE6 or tones of stuff just fails. 

Only use chrome now that it's out of beta it really rocks

lol... chrome?

I use Firefox and Explorer.

My Gaming Setup

It can't replace FireFox. My FF is just too pimped out and going to Chrome feels like I've compromised far too much for a small speed increase (basically imperceptible).

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Nope, I use it too.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

sorry for the offtopic, but am i the only one who has noticed that FF has become increasingly unstable? even with no plug ins.. and leaking memory everywhere

goddog said:
sorry for the offtopic, but am i the only one who has noticed that FF has become increasingly unstable? even with no plug ins.. and leaking memory everywhere

FF2 early on had some stability issues but FF3 has been a rock.

If you're getting RAM leaks, check your add ons (if you ahve any) or update your Java.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

indodude said:

Am I the only one? I hope not.

I use Chrome almost exclusively.  First time I've used a non-MSIE browser for more than a week or two since IE4 beta came out inn 1997.  Firefox never impressed me ... Chrome is just so lightweight, yet fast - and actually works for the vast majority of sites.  It's all about the simple UI to me - I don't want freaking toolbars, menus etc - IE7 was an improvement over IE6 - but Chrome is better, and unfortunately from what I've seen of IE8 beta it's a step backwards (in terms of simplicity.)

Viper1 said:
goddog said:

FF2 early on had some stability issues but FF3 has been a rock.

If you're getting RAM leaks, check your add ons (if you ahve any) or update your Java.

no add ons due to stability issues (took them all of and clean installed it) and java is up to date... i dunno ff2 and 3 havent been good to me im thinking of downgrading to 1 if i can final a final version of it