By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So simple for sony to win that its pathetic...

Can you please tell me at what institution you've received your economy education? I'd love to get some of that.

How to kill a company in 3 steps is probably the first course. Second is "Reality is an illusion". I think I'll take "I am smarter than anyone in the business" as an extra.

Around the Network

1. Isn't so easy, or Sony would have done it already. I agree this is a major problem for Sony, and they don't even sell a hardware BC version in Japan.

2. Would be a major drain on Sony, and they don't have the resources to sell it at such a huge loss.

3. Only realistic if they did 1, and that's not so simple...

TWRoO said:
Phoenix_Wiight said:
Paul said:
Maybe they should sell it for $100 and include a new function that makes you pizza while you play.

I would buy 4.

id buy 5.

I'd leave it at 1... I only need 1 pizza at once.

You can never have too much pizza.

Though didn't sony notice that this would be coming?After the DS success nintendo strategy obviously the same for both DS and Wii.

azrm2k said:
Somehow I don't think certain people will stop once the PS3 fails to sell like hotcakes laced with crack at $299. They'll just go to $199 and then $99. This is going to be one long generation....

So you dont think the ps3 will sell at 299?

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
azrm2k said:
Somehow I don't think certain people will stop once the PS3 fails to sell like hotcakes laced with crack at $299. They'll just go to $199 and then $99. This is going to be one long generation....

Of course it will, another $100 off say in January might get their sales up past the X360.... though in doing so it would bring the X360 sales down somewhat so that combined the two aren't selling significantly more than they were before.

leo-j said:
azrm2k said:

$299 is still expensive for a console.

One would have to believe that there are tons of people just waiting for the PS3 to drop in price and then they would buy it.

Sales data shows that there are tons of consoles being sold, just not PS3's.  I really believe the lions share of the traditional PS2 market has moved on.

omg. I seriously can't believe you actually think that would work. This has to be a joke thread, its just too stupid.

EvilChronos said:

This is the easiest way for sony to win. 3 simple things that could win it all for them. They know it, we know it, microsoft and nintendo know it but for some reason it STILL has not happened. Heres hoping for next year...

1. Complete software driven backwards compatibility for all ps2 and ps1 games. "that means downloading patches and updates that let u play ps2 and ps1 games for those who dont know".

2. A ps3 80 gig model bundled together in 1 box with Little big planet, dual shock controller, hdmi cable. All for the reasonable price of 299.99.

3. Stop production of the ps2. "the ps3's biggest competitor/enemy is its own brother"

Those 3 very simple and not to god awfully expensive things would certainly catapult sony into 1st place within a year of these things being done/released. So the question is why doesnt sony just bite the bullet on this one and do it. They would certainly make up the money in the end plus some. They were so scared with the money they were loosing with the ps2 "for atleast the first 4 years" for the price they sold it at but they made it back in the end plus way, way more.

Sony plz figure it out before it is too late and u start loosing developers cause its just not worth it to publish on your system.

Developing this would take time and alot of money.

So when do you expect SONY to post a Profit again???

The PS2 is making up quite a bit of money...

B4 or after they declare bankruptcy???

The PS2 had a few things the PS3 doesn't:

First Place spot.
Alot of lined-up exclusives from 3rd parties coming.
Wasn't losing as much money as they were at the PS3's launch....
I much lower price point in the begining....

4 ≈ One

But the ps2 launched at $299

mM