By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Console are you getting FFXIII for

PS3, I have my projector and surround sound connected to it.
Multiplatform games will be PS3 purchases for me.

Around the Network
Xen said:
selnor said:
Xen said:
selnor said:
piggychan said:

probably be 360 to join the rest of the Square Enix roster...

unless of course it turns out to be a very bad port then I'll probably get a PS3 or skip the game altogether

It's amazing that last gen this would have been all blue boxes. Amazing how now Square do more for Xbox.

By any chance do you have Tales of Veperia, Blue Daragon and Lost Odyssey. You should take photo of all together that would look so cool.

No it isn't...

Yes it is amazing to me. By the time PS3 gets FF13 and FF13 vs. 360 will already have FF11 plus expansions, TLR, IU, Star Ocean 4 and FF13 as well. Plus rumours that there is another Square Enix exclusive for 360 in the pipeline. Considering last gen it was my PS2. The sole reason I'm getting FF13 on 360 regardless of any slight differences is to have as many Square Enix stuff together on 1 console.

Considering SE makes games of far lower quality than before... I don't really care about them. FF 13 is not that high on my list...

By that time TLR will also be on PS3, btw.

Me needs L-5 and Atlus support now.

Alot of people I will admit are blinded by the FF name. Including reviewers. I have played now a fair bit of TLR and IU recently and you know whats funny. The only FF game that I thought was better than TLR and IU was FF2, 6 and 7.

FF8 - 12 are all about the same quality as TLR and IU. Reviewers seem to see FF and immediately think right we have to do either 9 or 10.

It's sad really. I'm just glad Hironobu Sakaguchi is still around. Because the 3 best FF's were all directed and Produced by him. FF2, 6 and 7.

selnor said:

It's amazing that last gen this would have been all blue boxes. Amazing how now Square do more for Xbox.

By any chance do you have Tales of Veperia, Blue Daragon and Lost Odyssey. You should take photo of all together that would look so cool. 

Sadly Tales of Vesperia still not released in Europe yet.. I'd still like to buy Cudcept saga but thats JP/USA too

selnor said:
Xen said:
selnor said:
Xen said:
selnor said:
piggychan said:

unless of course it turns out to be a very bad port then I'll probably get a PS3 or skip the game altogether

No it isn't...

Yes it is amazing to me. By the time PS3 gets FF13 and FF13 vs. 360 will already have FF11 plus expansions, TLR, IU, Star Ocean 4 and FF13 as well. Plus rumours that there is another Square Enix exclusive for 360 in the pipeline. Considering last gen it was my PS2. The sole reason I'm getting FF13 on 360 regardless of any slight differences is to have as many Square Enix stuff together on 1 console.

Considering SE makes games of far lower quality than before... I don't really care about them. FF 13 is not that high on my list...

Alot of people I will admit are blinded by the FF name. Including reviewers. I have played now a fair bit of TLR and IU recently and you know whats funny. The only FF game that I thought was better than TLR and IU was FF2, 6 and 7.

FF8 - 12 are all about the same quality as TLR and IU. Reviewers seem to see FF and immediately think right we have to do either 9 or 10.

It's sad really. I'm just glad Hironobu Sakaguchi is still around. Because the 3 best FF's were all directed and Produced by him. FF2, 6 and 7.

We seem to have played different games then. FF 8-12 are all FAR better than TLR or IU.

I have played X, X-2, XII and they were far better than IU

Around the Network
Xen said:
selnor said:
Xen said:
selnor said:
Xen said:
selnor said:
piggychan said:

No it isn't...

We seem to have played different games then. FF 8-12 are all FAR better than TLR or IU.

I'll be honest thet are more polished in a graphical sense (even if they are older). But in terms of story and combat and evrything else. FF8-12 were very mediocre compared to other FF's. Although 9 was the best of those 4. It's just that with FF there are 3 amazing ones, a couple of good ones and the rest are mediocre.

I haven't really decided yet... the series has kind of went down a little in my eyes since X, but for me I am leaning towards the PS3 as of now. TBD

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

360. I increasingly feel that PS360 was a stupid way to have gone, so by the time FF13 releases here, I think a Wii will have kicked my PS3 out of the house.

piggychan said:
selnor said:

Sadly Tales of Vesperia still not released in Europe yet.. I'd still like to buy Cudcept saga but thats JP/USA too

That does look bloody awesome. Definately the console to own for JRPG's. One more favour. If you can take a photo of all your RPG's together (both WRPG and JRPG) I'll be a happy man. Also I guess your getting Cry On and Star Ocean next year? As well as Tales Of Veperia.

selnor said:
Xen said:
selnor said:
Xen said:
selnor said:
Xen said:
selnor said:
piggychan said:

No it isn't...

I'll be honest thet are more polished in a graphical sense (even if they are older). But in terms of story and combat and evrything else. FF8-12 were very mediocre compared to other FF's. Although 9 was the best of those 4. It's just that with FF there are 3 amazing ones, a couple of good ones and the rest are mediocre.

God help you if Khuutra comes in here and sees this. (not that I agree either =P)

Also, FF 9, the best? we seem to have a radically different taste in games.

All of them, except 10, have had some sort of a mediocre element. I don't think that that puts them on the same level with TLR or IU though.