By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony sold 1 MILLION PS3 in November!

We see the day when "Sony sold 1 million PS3 in a year" will be a thread

Sick of SackBoy threads

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
@ Jerry

Then what was the point in buying a PS3? Obviously, you weren't going to buy games. Wouldn't that be a waste of $ to buy the PS3 FOR BLU-RAY, sell the PS3 THAT STILL HAS BLU-RAY, and then buy a standalone Blu-ray player? I'm not following this logic. Why not just keep the PS3 and buy movies and games and get better use out of the console as a whole, unless you don't like games. But even then, selling your PS3 for a standalone Blu-ray player is irrational, especially when the PS3 is a more advanced Blu-ray player.

He's either a troll or a 10 year old, might not even have a PS3. No need to talk sense here...

PhalanxCO said:
StarrGazer said:
Sullla said:
CrazzyMan said:

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 08th Nov 2008 to 29th Nov 2008:

Console PS3
Total

At 400$/€. How bad for Sony... =)
it probably will sell 2 MILLIONS or even more in December, again at 400$/€.
Selling 3 mln. consoles in 2 months probably is very BAD. PS3 is dying. =)))

But if we compare for the same four weeks LAST year:

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 10th Nov 2007 to 01st Dec 2007:

Console PS3
Total

I don't think all the smileys in the world can spin this positively. =)))

Sure this is easy to understand once you factor in that this year there are sub $200 blu-ray players on the market.  Last year the PS3 was selling to gamers as well as videophiles since it was the best value for a blu-ray player.  This year some sales have gone to the lower cost blu-ray only players that are now available.  Sony isn't in trouble......MS has just turned up the FUD machine to overload because they know that their offering is pretty much at the end of it's lifespan and the PS3 is just starting to hit it's stride.

Sony is having to chart a difficult course given the current world economic situation and other factors.....but they will make it through and they will come out ahead in the long run.  

So you counter their FUD with some of your own?  You should get a job in PR.

No Fear, Uncertainty, or Doubt in my statement.....if you read carefully you will see I'm quite certain that the PS3 has a bright future ahead of it.   And the 360 is nearing the end of it's life cycle and will be superceded by a new version in the next 12 to 18 months. (That's not FUD,  that's informed opinion.

StarrGazer said:
PhalanxCO said:
StarrGer said:

Sure this is easy to understand once you factor in that this year there are sub $200 blu-ray players on the market.  Last year the PS3 was selling to gamers as well as videophiles since it was the best value for a blu-ray player.  This year some sales have gone to the lower cost blu-ray only players that are now available.  Sony isn't in trouble......MS has just turned up the FUD machine to overload because they know that their offering is pretty much at the end of it's lifespan and the PS3 is just starting to hit it's stride.

Sony is having to chart a difficult course given the current world economic situation and other factors.....but they will make it through and they will come out ahead in the long run.  

No Fear, Uncertainty, or Doubt in my statement.....if you read carefully you will see I'm quite certain that the PS3 has a bright future ahead of it.   And the 360 is nearing the end of it's life cycle and will be superceded by a new version in the next 12 to 18 months. (That's not FUD,  that's informed opinion.

Inform yourself a little more. PS2 came out year before XBOX.

By your logic, XBOX hitting its stride when PS2 was hitting the end of its lifecycle. Did this matter to consumers....or to developers for that matter? Nope, if developers keep on making games, which 360 does have that upper hand right now...consumers are still going to buy it.

Sony is selling a million PS3s a month this time of year.
Nintendo is selling a million Wiis a week.

Hmmmm.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

Sure...

StarrGazer said:
PhalanxCO said:
StarrGazer said:
Sullla said:
CrazzyMan said:

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 08th Nov 2008 to 29th Nov 2008:

Console PS3
Total

At 400$/€. How bad for Sony... =)
it probably will sell 2 MILLIONS or even more in December, again at 400$/€.
Selling 3 mln. consoles in 2 months probably is very BAD. PS3 is dying. =)))

But if we compare for the same four weeks LAST year:

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 10th Nov 2007 to 01st Dec 2007:

Console PS3
Total

I don't think all the smileys in the world can spin this positively. =)))

Well,  you are certainly entitled to your opinion.  But my informed opinion is that it's full of FUD.

This string in the sheer illogic of its argument reminds me of the Presidential Election of 1964 (Please note, this is not a discussion of politics but simply human nature).

In the most one sided election in the entire history of American Politics Lyndon Johnson totally crushed Republican candidate Barry Goldwater. Johnson carried 44 states with 486 electoral votes to Goldwater’s six states with 52. The popular vote was 43,127,041 to 27,175,754.

After the election the stunned and disappointed Goldwater supporters put up a very defensive and bizarre billboard and bumper sticker campaign that said “27 million American’s Can’t Be Wrong.” Failing to account for how then the other 43 million could be.

So if I understand the OP, the argument is that 1,000,000 game console purchasers that chose the PS3 can’t be wrong.  But that the 1, 800,000 who chose the Xbox360 and the 3,600,000 who chose the Wii are.

Well, why not “de Nile” river runs deep.

Well I do hope that it will sell a biot more then double in december :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Grampy said:

This string in the sheer illogic of its argument reminds me of the Presidential Election of 1964 (Please note, this is not a discussion of politics but simply human nature).

In the most one sided election in the entire history of American Politics Lyndon Johnson totally crushed Republican candidate Barry Goldwater. Johnson carried 44 states with 486 electoral votes to Goldwater’s six states with 52. The popular vote was 43,127,041 to 27,175,754.

After the election the stunned and disappointed Goldwater supporters put up a very defensive and bizarre billboard and bumper sticker campaign that said “27 million American’s Can’t Be Wrong.” Failing to account for how then the other 43 million could be.

So if I understand the OP, the argument is that 1,000,000 game console purchasers that chose the PS3 can’t be wrong.  But that the 1, 800,000 who chose the Xbox360 and the 3,600,000 who chose the Wii are.

Well, why not “de Nile” river runs deep.

If you consider the source, it makes sense.  Goldwater has nothing on CrazzyMan.