By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony sold 1 MILLION PS3 in November!

CrazzyMan said:

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 08th Nov 2008 to 29th Nov 2008:

Console PS3
Total

At 400$/€. How bad for Sony... =)
it probably will sell 2 MILLIONS or even more in December, again at 400$/€.
Selling 3 mln. consoles in 2 months probably is very BAD. PS3 is dying. =)))

No sir. Earlier you told me that we should wait for NPD to confirm numbers like this. You have chosen your side sir, and it's not with VGChartz. You lose all rights to use those numbers as evidence for anything, especially your personal spin. Next time outsource that spin at N4G.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Way to go to save your dignity, crazyman. Way to go.

I

Shhhhh...guys/gals, quit trying to spoil Crazzyman's dream world. I mean, it would make him mad if he found out that Finding Nemo was made for 2 year olds ocean-lovers (such as me).

Anyways, face the facts and stop being delusional. The PS3 isn't selling. Who didn't see this coming? I don't even know why I got banned for (trolling? Feh, I was stating the facts) on the news thread since all of this PS3 news is the same since the economy crysis and CNN threads on here.

Naraku_Diabolos said:

Shhhhh...guys/gals, quit trying to spoil Crazzyman's dream world. I mean, it would make him mad if he found out that Finding Nemo was made for 2 year olds ocean-lovers (such as me).

Anyways, face the facts and stop being delusional. The PS3 isn't selling. Who didn't see this coming? I don't even know why I got banned for (trolling? Feh, I was stating the facts) on the news thread since all of this PS3 news is the same since the economy crysis and CNN threads on here.

Who did ban you? I'm just curious because me too get banned for the same thing...

atma998 said:
jedson328 said:
atma998 said:
jedson328 said:
bigjon said:

that is ww huh...

so the wii only sold 100% more in the US alone than the PS3 did ww... Huh better than I thought.

Hi, yes, we know the Wii is winning worldwide by huge margins.  Oddly enough, the 360 and the PS3 are still getting the best games, despite this huge margin of victory.  Get off the pedestal, you are providing nothing new to the conversation.

Really? You should have write best shooter games. It seems you didn't heard about DQX...

Hmm, I am not playing any shooters right now, with the exception of the very cool Left4Dead on occasion.  Otherwise I am keping busy with Prince of Persia, LittleBigPlanet, Valkyria Chronicles, and Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix.  OMG, not shooters.

Sure Sure, the Wii get DQ which from what I undersand is very popular among the Japanese.

Sure only japanese like DQ

Learn to read.  i never said only the Japanese like the game.  Americans like DQ, but it is not popular here.  For example ... I asked 3 gamers, 2 who own all 3 consoles, if they were psyched about DQ being a Wii exclusive.  Their response "What is Dragon Quest?"

Bethesda's Todd Howard "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

Feel free to add me ...

PSN ID - jedson328
XBL Gamertag - jedson328

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:

Console PS3
Total

Awesome. So at a LOSS of between $50US- $100US per unit - they will only lose $50-$100m US in Nov, and double that in December on PS3 hardware. Way to go Sony ;)

Lets hope they sell enough software, PS2 & PSP hardware to make up the overall loss...

I can only imagine how "well" they would have done with a $100US price cut...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:
CrazzyMan said:

Console PS3
Total

Awesome. So at a LOSS of between $50US- $100US per unit - they will only lose $50-$100m US in Nov, and double that in December on PS3 hardware. Way to go Sony ;)

Lets hope they sell enough software, PS2 & PSP hardware to make up the overall loss...

I can only imagine how "well" they would have done with a $100US price cut...

Now shams, you must be forgetting that Crazzy has a level 80 immunity to logic.

Why does this say other wise somethings wrong :p

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&start=39761&end=39782

atma998 said:
Naraku_Diabolos said:

Who did ban you? I'm just curious because me too get banned for the same thing...

Nazniptaps or whoever. Can't remember how to spell his username.

CGI-Quality said:
@ atma

I'm not sure if you're trolling or being serious but any company can have rough times. The best of the best have (Sony and Nintendo both) have been the best at one time or another but both had/have their hard times as well. Obviously, Nintendo recovered, I see Sony doing the same if they just remain profitable this gen and come back fightin, PS2 style, with the PS4. One can only hope though. Sony, I hope you're listenin' - get your ass in gear...NOW!

Actually, Nintendo hasn't, at least in the same way. You are no doubt referring to the GameCube which was not a great commercial success by market share but was, none the less profitable. They also were enjoying some success in the handheld market as you may recall/

Apparently, so I've read, Nintendo has only lost money one quarter in the entire life of the company and that was an exchange rate issue beyond their control.