By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So Home is just about what I expected...

ChronotriggerJM said:

I do like how we all put the year's of development into context, but not the size of the team. That's nice that it was in development for 47 years, but if it was 1 guy >_> well shit. Take it easy.

Besides, those of you slander home are only one side of the coin. Plenty of people are just fine with it and it's offerings. Besides, it's a free service that's only going to improve from here on out. It offers plenty of gateways towards a much better idea than anything the competition is offering.

Those of you bitching and whining about it are only doing so for that reason. Just to bitch and whine. It's a free service for god's sake! How about you start a different path, and instead of making yourself seem like a pompous ass, name one GOOD thing you like about it. After all, you lose nothing for your efforts. It's free.

I doubt it was a small development team considering the importance Sony has placed on it.  And even for a small to medium team, 3+ years is a *very* long time.  As I said, they aren't really making anything new and difficult.

Also, looks like I need to quote the PA news post again:

There is already a growing school of Home apologetics, fostered by the same Order of Perpetual Masochism that lauded the rumble-free Sixaxis at launch and suggested, hilariously, that Lair and Heavenly Sword were videogames. They're under the impression that because something is free, this places it on some golden dais beyond censure. It's no virtue to give away something that no-one in their right mind would buy. Sony has no idea what this world is for, and that ambiguity infuses every simulated millimeter of it.

I would suggest reading that post because Tycho always has a nice way of stating things.

Around the Network

Twestern... you gotta be fucking kidding me with that post right? You blank one of my threads, asking PS3 fanboys to man up and admit their sales predictions were a steaming pile of corn-ridden shit, a couple days ago because it might get someone's panties all knotted the fuck up. I didn't fucking swear, or insult anyone... but you toss it after only 5 minutes on the board because 'you' decided it wasn't appropriate.

After reading your post, you gotta be fucking kidding me.

So I guess it's allright to completely fucking dump on what other people are completely fucking pumped about as long as you're a fucking moderator. You can use any fucking language you want..cock, fuck, shit, bitch, whore....(doesn't matter that minors are reading your posts as well as mine though)...any fucking language you want, bitch, moan and deride whatever console you like......... just as long as you're the one controlling that bullshit forum 'god' button.

So, not only are these forums bursting at their virtual seams with hypocrytical, close minded goofs, the moderators....... intended to serve as caretakers to the ethical, fair-minded, non-confrontational and decent foundation these forums were designed to rest on... as just fucking bad. Nicely done.

Sorry you're PS3 Home experience was a shit-riddled mess, but next time you think about tossing someone, think about your own fucked up posts first... and then ask yourself if it's fair.

Why the fuck do you think half the people come in here... they want to argue.

akuma587 said:
I downloaded all the levels in about 30 secs. Don't blame Home for your shitty internetz!

The flying saucer game in the plaza is surprisingly fun.

The Listen@Home interface is better, but worse at the same time because you have to listen to what's on the playlist unlike before.

I still need to try out the arcade game in the Uncharted area (which is very cool by the way).

I actually have pretty amazing fast internet (Verizon FioS), I'm just guessing there were a lot of people so it took a lot of time.  And like I said, that wasn't one of my big bitches about Home and was pretty much expected.

twesterm said:
akuma587 said:
I downloaded all the levels in about 30 secs. Don't blame Home for your shitty internetz!

The flying saucer game in the plaza is surprisingly fun.

The Listen@Home interface is better, but worse at the same time because you have to listen to what's on the playlist unlike before.

I still need to try out the arcade game in the Uncharted area (which is very cool by the way).

I actually have pretty amazing fast internet (Verizon FioS), I'm just guessing there were a lot of people so it took a lot of time.  And like I said, that wasn't one of my big bitches about Home and was pretty much expected.

It wasn't directed at you as much as a later poster, sorry if it wasn't clear.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

eh home kinda sucks

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

Around the Network

Dude, my internet is anything but crap. I'm running Verizon FiOS 20mbps/5mbps, enough to do HD streaming in max quality on netflix. I think the slow download is Sony/Home, not my internet. Also, I actually got to play some arcade games today! Although, they were kind of boring... Now I gotta try to get in on some pool and bowling!

Ok, can they make the bowling any more ridiculous? I hate moving sliders. Although, after a few attempts you get the hand of it and it is an ok system, i'd still prefer just to use my joystick to aim in all the ways I want rather than rely on timing. What's the random coin sound in the mall?

I keep getting error message "can't connect" so I gave up. May be I will try it later but from Twestern's impression it seems Home is still a long way to go to be fully functional ...

Sony really need to make data stream faster for Home to be better experience.

ok, I'm not on my ps3 anymore and I spent more time with home.... and I got to say....

Before it launched I was very skeptical about it. I was actually not even gonna give it the chance. I don't see a point to the thing.

When I loaded it up it didn't take anywhere near as long as some were saying. I have 710kps speed. The slowest DSL someone can get (10 dollars a month). I didn't wait long for the mall, theatre, or bowling alley to DL. The Bowling Alley was the longest and the theatre was the fastest.

Character creating.... Not enough options yeah you can morph your face (and I made a heroine junkie looking guy with big dopey ears and no nose) But I wanted more facial hair and clothes.... but why would they do that? Microtransactions. I did have fun with the joke avatar and laughed really hard while doing it, but that didn't last long.

After I went into my space I took everything away RIGHT away. It looked real sterile. I wish they gave you a basic picture frame and a basic rug with the space. I saw no real potential to make my space any better so my room is completely empty. I would have fixed it up a little if I had some options.

I walked around the outside part looking for something to do. The dance thing was interesting... but for the most part the bubble pop game was the only thing worth doing outside and I didn't have framerate issues.... I found it pretty boring. Then I went to the theatre... wow left right away. It was taking forever for the video to load and there was nothing to do. Then I went to the mall... I looked in the stores. I would have bought some furniture but for 5 dollars for something I might not keep using... no thanks. If it was like 5 dollars for a furniture set I might have done it. I talked to people while playing chess. (don't know why chess is in the mall and not outside. Most stone chess tables I see like that are in parks) It was pretty fun. I liked chess. I suck at the game but it's okay I was 2 for 2. After that I left and went to the bowling alley. all the pool tables were taken so I played arcade games. I tried echochrome but i saw how slow it was moving and went to ice breaker. That moved much faster so I played it. That game is pretty sweet, but the train game was fucking awesome. thats what to the most of my time. I played 2 games of bowling... it was boring. Lack of people with mic and no friends... could have been better. A pool table opened up and I played with someone with a mic. It was much better than bowling. I won in pool too.

I didn't make it to Uncharted or Farcry rooms.

I didn't have problems with immature people. Most immature person I saw where people sitting in a circle talking about smoking a bong outside and some people going "Wanna fight about it? I'm bigger than you. Watch this /dance You just got served" They had a mic. But mute button fixes that.

Bottom line - better than I expected but I have no incentive to keep going back. I'll give it some more shots though. (chess will probablly take up most of my time)

EDIT: CONNECTION PROBLEMS - I had a problem trying to connect at 5pm CST my very first time connecting but i had to leave anyways to go to the mall with my mom and pick something out for christmas. We got back at around 7pm and we watched the first half of the Bears game and she went to bed so I tried goin on home. I did get the time out error but I tried again and connected. It wasnt that big of a deal... Most people talking bad about this are over exaggerating on the issues.

twesterm said:
chris1_16 said:

sounds like the scribbles of someone trying to make home look bad

Because obviously nobody can actually dislike Home?

I know people with same experiance...