By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So Home is just about what I expected...

Some of the comments on GAF are totally hilarious. I was rolling on the floor after this one:

I love Home. Seriously. I don't know what Sony wanted, but what it got is the best fun I've ever had. It's like the WoW Night Elf starting area come to life in the worst possible way. It's like 10% creeps, 90% griefers.

For instance, I was in the courtyard and there was this loud guy trying to pick up female avatars via his mic. He was saying things like "hey, yo, baby. Wassup". When she responded, he then ask them to add him to their friend list so he could send some pictures to her. This was creeping a few people out who decided to then go crowd around him dancing. This upset him, as you would expect, and he starts screaming violent threats at the people. "I will knock your head off. You lucky there's no hit button! I pop you right in the head!"

He tried to get the girl to invite him to a private location, but the girl ran away. He ran after her, but stopped when he found another female avatar engrossed in a rousing game of UFO. Then he started his wassup routine on her. Of course, his entourage of five or six dancing retards followed him, and once again acted as "cockblockers" to his "game". This guy is going to end up banned or in prison. Home has got to be the only place where griefers are the good guys.

I don't know what Home is supposed to be, but by golly, it is a magical place.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
Some of the comments on GAF are totally hilarious. I was rolling on the floor after this one:

I love Home. Seriously. I don't know what Sony wanted, but what it got is the best fun I've ever had. It's like the WoW Night Elf starting area come to life in the worst possible way. It's like 10% creeps, 90% griefers.

For instance, I was in the courtyard and there was this loud guy trying to pick up female avatars via his mic. He was saying things like "hey, yo, baby. Wassup". When she responded, he then ask them to add him to their friend list so he could send some pictures to her. This was creeping a few people out who decided to then go crowd around him dancing. This upset him, as you would expect, and he starts screaming violent threats at the people. "I will knock your head off. You lucky there's no hit button! I pop you right in the head!"

He tried to get the girl to invite him to a private location, but the girl ran away. He ran after her, but stopped when he found another female avatar engrossed in a rousing game of UFO. Then he started his wassup routine on her. Of course, his entourage of five or six dancing retards followed him, and once again acted as "cockblockers" to his "game". This guy is going to end up banned or in prison. Home has got to be the only place where griefers are the good guys.

Griefing is highly underrated.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

FishyJoe said:

This post is full of win.

Also, this is what happens when you let people in an MMO actually use their voice in anything other than a group to which people have agreed to join. It's usually a huge disaster.

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

I can barely tolerate half the people on XBL and they have the game to distract them. I shudder to even think what some of people would say out of boredom.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
I can barely tolerate half the people on XBL and they have the game to distract them. I shudder to even think what some of people would say out of boredom.

I can't wait for sound bites from Home. They shuold prove to be some of the most hilarious things on the internet. I just hope no other developers ever makes a system like this.

vlad321 said:
FishyJoe said:

I can't wait for sound bites from Home. They shuold prove to be some of the most hilarious things on the internet. I just hope no other developers ever makes a system like this.

Home is going to be a comedy gold mine! I thank Sony in advance!

No problems for me, everything works perfect!

FishyJoe said:

You are my hero for posting this.

vlad321 said:
FishyJoe said:

You do realize there are A LOT of MMO Social networks out there right? Just for obvious point, Second Life and There are MMO Social Networks. Sony isnt really innovating much past being a MMO social network to consoles. So your comment has already been hit by a train due to the fact that there are tons of them out there.

From experience from playing There and Second Life I rather think Sony pulled off a good console based system. Their mini-games are fun, the chat experience is what I would expect, graphically its quite nice, and developers get free-range to make areas for fans. Only issue is that fans arent able to code their own areas but than again we are talking consoles so a purchase based item system is fine.

I expect HOME to improve greatly fast. Sony has already improved everything 100% between the closed beta and open beta.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453