By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So Home is just about what I expected...

Meh, I agree with OP.

To me Home is nothing more then a live pretty looking SIMS with idiots in it.

I think I rather go outside and interact.

Around the Network
Smashed said:
kungfusqurrel said:
LOL, home took how long to develop and people still give it excuse as just betta, sorry that excuse just not gonna cut it considering how long home as been in development. omg after how many years home still in beta faze. that's ridiculous!

I'd like to see you try to develop something like that.

Then talk, okay?

look how advance killzone2 looks and killzone2 does not take as long as home to develope (home was in early development since 2005) home is near its fourth year and yet sony did not release a complete version but betta version? lols. you like to see me develop something like that? sure find me a team of 10, pay us $100,000 each plus over time and we will deliver less then 4 years, i will make sure of it. i will dedicate my life to this promise. i will not eat, sleep only when i need to.  assure you my frind if it was up to me. home wouldnt take as long.

I get back and try one more time and it works great!  Woohoo!  It wasn't really slow connecting or anything so things were looking up.  I start making my character and it gets slow as f*** again.  Oh well, again, to be expected.

As for the characters looking like douchebags, I just don't believe you can make one that doesn't look like a douche.  This assumption was later confirmed when I got into the game.

So I finish the tutorial and it wants me to go to the Plaza, sure thing!  Wait, what?  You want me to download it?  You couldn't have asked me to do that earlier?  Really?  So I start downloading the plaza and it's going slow as f*** (even though I have a *very* fast connection).  I take the chance to wander around my empty apartment...and be bored out of my mind.

First thing I notice when entering the plaza is I was right: everyone looks like a douche.  And that is actually a little fitting because reading what people are saying and people sound just like the 12 year olds on Live.  I guess at least now I can put a face on the foul mouthed 12 year olds I hate.  Another point to Home.

F***, whatever, I'll bowl.  Oh, wait, no, all freaking occupied!

What the f*** Sony?  I don't want to wait to play games.  It's not fun to sit and watch people play pool, ice breakers, and bowl.  It's fun to play pool, play ice breakers (I assume), and bowl.

F*** off bowling alley, I'm done here for now.  But wait!  I see a TV screen with nobody around.  I quickly run my barefoot self over there, click the TV screen, go full screen, and watch a blank screen.

The Hell?  I'm stuck!  I'm stuck on the other guy trying to enter the same place I am.  I try everything I can to move.  Press all the buttons I can think of, use all sorts of different emotions (the guy probably though I was coming on to him), and nothing.  It was like he was stuck following me or something.

Anyways, I get in and I'm relieved that all the seats aren't occupied so I quickly take a seat near the back. And guess what I see?  A slow moving download bar-- f*** this s***.

Interesting take on your experience, but I find it odd that you hate those "foul mouthed 12 year olds" so much considering how much foul language you put in your post.

I liked reading what you wrote... it was fascinating.  But it didn't need an expletive every 2-3 paragraphs. 

you should play the Alien game in the central plaza.

From what I have seen they changed a TON of crap since the closed beta. Central Plaza is different, Mall has a new screen, havent looked at the theater or arcade yet.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Smashed said:
kungfusqurrel said:
LOL, home took how long to develop and people still give it excuse as just betta, sorry that excuse just not gonna cut it considering how long home as been in development. omg after how many years home still in beta faze. that's ridiculous!

Then talk, okay?

I hate people that use this excuse for everything.  It's perfectly fine to recognize someone did a bad job when they did in fact do a bad job.

Can I get mad at a wide receiver who dropped a pass?  Yes.  It doesn't matter that I couldn't catch a pass to save my life, they're the ones getting paid to do that.  The people who are making Home are the ones who are getting paid, not me, so it doesn't matter that I couldn't make Home if my life depended on it.

Home isn't exactly doing anything revolutionary that MMO's and online stores haven't been doing since the 90's yet it has a longer development time and still is in "beta".

@crumas2

Yeah, I use foul language but nothing near what the Live kids use.

When you kill me at Halo or even get a shot on me I don't call you mother god damn whore whose tits sag below her meat hook snatch and your father has a dick the size of a premature snail. Oh, snails don't have dicks you say?  Well neither does your dad because you're a damn test tube baby and I'm sure you have both male and female parts and you love to go fuck yourself. (edit-- remember, just an example of garbage you hear on Live here, I would never actually talk like that to someone)

I just like to drop the f-bomb every now and then. 

Around the Network

I do like how we all put the year's of development into context, but not the size of the team. That's nice that it was in development for 47 years, but if it was 1 guy >_> well shit. Take it easy.

Besides, those of you slander home are only one side of the coin. Plenty of people are just fine with it and it's offerings. Besides, it's a free service that's only going to improve from here on out. It offers plenty of gateways towards a much better idea than anything the competition is offering.

Those of you bitching and whining about it are only doing so for that reason. Just to bitch and whine. It's a free service for god's sake! How about you start a different path, and instead of making yourself seem like a pompous ass, name one GOOD thing you like about it. After all, you lose nothing for your efforts. It's free.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Smashed said:
kungfusqurrel said:

Then talk, okay?

I'm saving this quote, next time you say even the slightest thing that's bad about ANYTHING, hardware or software, you will see this pop up.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

In Home right now. TOO QUIET! No one has a headset. The frame rate in the plaza especially hurts my eyes any time I turn the screen. Also, the places are taking uber long to download. (for some reason I had to redownload them since the beta?). I'm trying to get in and play some arcade/pool/bowling or go check out some spaces in the mall or something... so far still waiting (10 minutes to download a 23mb file on a 20mbps internet? I don't think so!).

I downloaded all the levels in about 30 secs. Don't blame Home for your shitty internetz!

The flying saucer game in the plaza is surprisingly fun.

The Listen@Home interface is better, but worse at the same time because you have to listen to what's on the playlist unlike before.

I still need to try out the arcade game in the Uncharted area (which is very cool by the way).

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I haven't even downloaded the thing and I'm unimpressed.

4 ≈ One