By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Music sells 1 million - bitter tears flow profusely

Whats wii chess??

mM
Around the Network

will there be a wii music 2? if so, i hope nintendo expand it by allowing players to make his her own music.

Grampy said:

If Nintendo comes out with Sewage Plant Wii, I'll refuse to pass judgment.

That could be fun. Managing all the water treatment stages and zapping rats light gun style. Dealing with the mutants if you screw up.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Where's tuoyo?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

lol people said it would flop, now its selling better than LBP

Around the Network

I would be interested to see the sales of Wii chess. Is it part of the 'Wii' series though or is it just coincidental, with name?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

SmokedHostage said:
I already made this thread..

Yeah, and you lumped it in with LBP, which I thought horribly dimished the accomplishments of Wii Music. LBP had astronomical hype, Wii music had astronamical prejudice and was never referred to as "the most important game ever." It's not fair to hide Wii Music's achievements behind LBP considering the fight it had to put up.

And I called dibs on this thread like 2 weeks ago.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

wii music is an unexpected beast. poor opening numbers turn into immediate great legs. i think this game will hit 5 million eventually.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Despite what many people want to believe, Wii Music is a good game. I'm glad it's selling well.

expect Wiimusic numbers this week to be VERY healthy. I think it will sell around 300k ww.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut