By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Music sells 1 million - bitter tears flow profusely

@zleep:
Obviously reading an interview with Miyamoto himself we must remember how we say in Italy, "Innkeeper, how's the wine?" "GOOD!" , but if half the praises we read around are justified, what have we before us, Karaoke 2.0? It would be, er, ehm, DISRUPTING! (but not towards gaming, more towards a lot of mildly to heavily crappy karaoke toys).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
pap64 said:
What Grampy says is true. Many of these "GOTY" awards mean jack sh*t. They are, like Grampy said, popularity contests created, catered to, voted and judged BY young gamers who believe the way of the future is gray graphics, boobs and graphics.

Like the Oscars has proven, just because something won a "best of" award it doesn't give it status or value. E.T was nominated for best picture. It lost to "Ghandi". Can you tell me which film is still fondly remembered?

Yes, GTA IV and MGS4 will win the awards, but 20 years from now when people look upon this generation of gaming they will likely say "Man, Wii Fit and Wii Music sure caused a ruckus back then! It must have been incredible to experience that!".

And yes, the reason GTAIV is criticized is because reviewed declared the game as being perfect when it had obvious flaws. Many other games across ALL consoles get gutted and criticized for even the tiniest flaw. Yet, GTAIV arrives and its the most incredible game ever.

Does this mean that Jeremy Parish is a Ninty fanboy simply because the release of GTA IV caused him to be turned off by big hype games, even though he's not that fond of Nintendo's strategy either?

People can be idiots sometimes...

oh my god...

mM

Yay! Wii Music holds up well in Americas.

Sells 119K, and sees its 2nd best week. Now at 560K (no NPD adjustments) for Americas. Can it make 1M by ETY (week ending 5th January)? Would be awesome if it did. As it looks like it goes a lot with hardware - I'll say yes!

Probably won't make 1M in Others ETY, but Others + Japan should also > 1M.

2M + WW in 12 weeks from launch (WW).

Also, Wii Music seems to be stabilizing at 10K in Japan (or at least for a short time).

Rounded:

Week 5 = 10K

Week 6 = 9K

Week 7 = 11K

Week 8 = 10.5K

Odd. This is one of the first games I've really, really wanted to do well (SMG, MKWii being the other main 2), and I haven't even played it. I'm a Wii Music fanboy 

... And I like it 

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS